FAQ

Lost on time during opponent's move

<<

rakhmetov

Pawn

Post Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Lost on time during opponent's move

Well I just had a particularly aggravating variation on this bug. At the end of move 33, my opponent has 7.1 seconds on the clock to my 58 (which doesn't change when reviewing the game in "my games"), their clock ran out, it went to the "checking with server" screen, went green saying my opponent (stephanie19) forfeited on time, but I notice neither my rating nor my cubits have changed and that the correlating text is likewise absent. Suddenly, the game window closes out and its tab flickers, so I refresh my browser. Upon reloading I find despite the confirmation of my win, I've had the game counted against me and sure enough, when I look at game in my games it says I forfeit on time...still 58s to 7.1...
<<

dugongdugong

Pawn

Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Is there a way to see what move the opponent did make, though? Last time this bug happened, my move was last in the notation but I'd suppose my opponent did make a move (since I forfeited by time) and, well, I'm curious to know what it was.
<<

toska818

Pawn

Post Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 pm

its hapenned to me..
<<

vamm

Pawn

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4316

another variation of this

very strange the administration doesn't act some logic steps toward chess players. What's the problem to give back points and so, it's really trifle
<<

i_chesszac

Pawn

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

i was playing an unrated torney game i was in premove mode then he lost on time but then it checked with the server and it said i lost on time when i was in premove mode!!
<<

chebu

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 am

Good morning all together,

I suppose enough is said on the bug. I had the same problem yesterday and i asked for the points back, but as it seems there is no way for that.

I am a regular Chesscube user and would love to stay one (level 84 is kind of a proof i would recon), but now I am out of points.
Too bad, I am not keen on buying fancy new backgrounds and stuff, I just want to play Chess and it seems like i can not do that here anymore.

Please credit me with the 200(ish) points I would have won if the bug had not occured. You find Details in my report from yesterday.

Best regards,
Chebu
<<

zelytic

Pawn

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I just had this happen to me in a game against mrojas. This is an awfully long time for a bug to go uncorrected.
<<

randirc

Pawn

Post Fri May 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Dear Chesscube Team

Seems like a problem to everyone(Including me!)
Too bad I was playing for 100 cubits.
All down the drain! But thanks to the daily bonus I receive, I didn't go short of cubits.
Hope you will find a solution for everyone. I was reading everyone else's feedback's.

All the best of luck,
A chesscube player,
Radirc
Sean wrote:There is a rare bug which involves your opponent's move being lost in transmission. Then you think that his time is running out but the server is waiting for your move, and you "lose" for not moving. We are aware of this bug and working on fixing it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

We have seen at least 8 different variations of this bug. As we deploy a fix for one, it creates another. We will however find an overall solution for this soon.

Feel free to post any comments or suggestions in this thread. All content will be monitored by the Community and Moderators.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

dan888

Pawn

Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 pm

I couldn't move once when I was playing around with my opponent's pieces and by accident I moved his piece and I couldn't move mine and I had to resign. It was a tournament.
<<

daveyboy

Pawn

Post Tue May 07, 2013 2:46 pm

eidmohamed disconnected and reconnected and I lost on time during his move.
This bug seems to have been around for years.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base