FAQ

ChessCube V6.25 changelog

<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.25 changelog

djd38 wrote:There is one problem that I would like to mention. It happens quite often that opponents when they are losing the game simply stop playing and refuse to make any moves hoping that I will leave in frustation. Cann anything be done about this form of abuse?

It is a complicated problem so we have avoided doing anything automated so far. If a user has 20 mins for a game, in theory he can use all 20 mins! For example, in even bullet games, sometimes I spend 30 seconds on one move... the opponent may think I have stopped moving, but I am thinking. If we automate resignation or have a pop-up saying "are you there?", this can be annoying when trying to concentrate.

I think the future solution (for when we have developer time and nothing more pressing to do), there could be some flags after a game for the opponent and the game... e.g. maybe you flag him as a non-mover or bad-sport after the game. If the person does this to enough players and is flagged for non-moving, then eventually he is considered a "non-mover" by the system.

What we do with that information is the next step - maybe ChessCube bans them, or maybe gives you a way to filter out non-movers in your seeks. Either should quickly stop this kind of behaviour.

But, yeah, that is a big feature, and would need a lot of thought and dev time...
<<

farhanex

Pawn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

I cant play at my laptop... the site opens.. I log in.. but then it gets stuck at %100 ... I tryed clearing cookies.. but it didnt work.. can someone help me pls ? (at the other versions it was the same..)
<<

checkmate4u

Pawn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 pm

IF all that has been said and done really works that i must appreciate the hard work they put in after long for all this new features posting game and the more importantly is the random selection of color :clap: :dance:
<<

lacquer

Pawn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 pm

How this 'Random colors' work? I'm being black all the time (I'm not exaggerating)
<<

lokijanus

Pawn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 pm

with the V6.25 CHANGE LOG i can't login to the site thru my browser
<<

bokac1984

Pawn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 11:17 pm

- Warzone Tournaments: Users now have a maximum of 15 seconds to respond to Doubling Cube requests. If they do not, then the Doubling Cube is automatically applied and the game is resigned, meaning the winner wins double points, the loser loses double points. If you're paired against a non-mover, simply offer the Double Cube.

This feature is great, just what we wanted, but today when I played tourny it happened that this doesnt work. It happened when I was black, and white player didnt move. Doubling didnt take effect. Any thought? Did someone reported this before?
<<

marina00miss

Pawn

Post Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 am

most welcome feature is that i finally can wish cheers to my friends with a cute pint of the best cold beer

:happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyredfire:
Yes, I really love the endgame!
<<

buki82

Bishop

Post Thu May 17, 2012 9:18 am

:romance-heartsthree: so lovely for those how are VIP
I can write, only when I'm online in chesscube forum...!
<<

legals-mate

Pawn

Post Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

I would like something to be done to stop the ratings cheats.
Every tourney I enter my opponents have ratings highs 250 or 300 pts
higher than their shown rating. I realize how this happens.. people
dropping out of tournaments after losing the first round.This should incur a penalty.
Do it twice and you're banned for three months.

Elsewhere challenges over 100 cubits are usually made by sandbaggers..
I get sick of this as I do the bullsh7t opening e3.
<<

constantin76

Pawn

Post Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

:dance:
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News