FAQ

[open] Disconnected, but not forfeited

<<

firsblood

Pawn

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Disconnection tactic

I won but no points given in a rated game.

My opponent suddenly gets disconnected with about 3mins left in his time as his position is precarious, after it expires a message shows "waiting for server response", then the official message from chesscube says "Black wins Tomi123 forfeits on time", however no points were given. I checked twice above the notation chart it was a rated game. His rating is 1527 while mine is 1660. Tried logging back in still no changes, twas not even reflected in "My Games" under my account. I don't know if deliberate disconnection could result to such a glitch in the system. I have it screenshot if needed.
<<

mayren

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: What is ''Lag''?

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

today I sign into your playforum as a new Player. I played 3 games and all was fine. Anyway I am not the greatest chessplayer, and make my experience--- I lost 2 games, win 1 and by game Nr. 4 - I dont know why but I lost connection during a game with the nick "regina2009" also I dont know why I could not make any move and my stones where blocked...? Well, so I come to the deceition to send you straight my thought, by helpfrom "players" in the open chatbase, where I lieve left my message - and come to the result, that maybe "regina2009" is use an cheatingprogramm... Please can you check if that is any possible.

Friendly regards send you
"Mayren"
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Disconnection tactic

Hi Mayren,

We are aware of this bug and working on fixing it. If it happens again, click on your opponent's last move (in the move list on the game-chat screen) then you should be able to move.
If this does not work or there was some other problem, please send us the game:
1. Click on your avatar, then "My Games";
2. Click into the game with the where you had problems moving;
3. Click on the Send Game to a Friend button;
4. Add [email protected] as the email address to send to;
5. Describe what happened, including move number in the message section;
6. Click on Send.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

dreambeast

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:12 pm

[open] Disconnected, but not forfeited

There is a bug I usually encounter. When a player that I'm playing against is disconnected there is a notification and a countdown. If I don't do anything, the game is forfeited by disconnection. The problem is, when I click on a move from the game moves list, the game tends to continue even if the disconnect countdown has finished. The notification disappears, but the game is not finished. So rather then the game being forfeited by disconnection, it is forfeited on time. When playing a longer game it can be very annoying. The problem might also occur when I play a move ahead.
<<

dreambeast

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Disconnected, but not forfeited

Here is a screenshot, attached.
Also I did not get points for wining the game...
Attachments
bug_1.jpg
screenshot
bug_1.jpg (247.09 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
<<

chessychess

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Re: Disconnected, but not forfeited

hi Dreambeast,

I shared the same experience and thoughts that there are some who have been abusing this bug in the system to their own advantage. I had sent the following email (extract) to [email protected] on 7 Jan 2011:

" I had just won 2 games against Assadshah, but the 2nd game which the player disconnected when in a lost forgone situation, was not registered into my Games history and also my 200cubits wagered was also not accounted for. Either your Server has a bug or this player knows how to compromise your Server to get away with losing by disconnecting the game.

If this is a bug in your Server, it has happened many times before and each time there was a long lapse before your Server decided that the player lost by disconnection and also the countdown to 1min50secs was not any matter as the game was only lost after all of opponent's time lapsed.

Since it happened many times with your Server's bug, it is possible many players are abusing this bug to get away with losing by simply disconnecting and hope that your server's bug helps them. This is unfair to players who win the game, hence please remedy the bug once and for all to prevent further abuse by players. "

Its sad that abusers are still capitalizing on this bug, hope it will be resolved soon.

Cheers
<<

chessychess

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Disconnection tactic

Hi FirstBlood,

I agree with your finding, as I also had highlighted the bug to [email protected] on 7 Jan 2011, my email extracted as follows:

" I had just won 2 games against Assadshah, but the 2nd game which the player disconnected when in a lost forgone situation, was not registered into my Games history and also my 200cubits wagered was also not accounted for. Either your Server has a bug or this player knows how to compromise your Server to get away with losing by disconnecting the game.

If this is a bug in your Server, it has happened many times before and each time there was a long lapse before your Server decided that the player lost by disconnection and also the countdown to 1min50secs was not any matter as the game was only lost after all of opponent's time lapsed.

Since it happened many times with your Server's bug, it is possible many players are abusing this bug to get away with losing by simply disconnecting and hope that your server's bug helps them. This is unfair to players who win the game, hence please remedy the bug once and for all to prevent further abuse by players. "

Its sad that abusers are still capitalizing on this bug, hope it will be resolved soon.

Cheers
<<

hrobert25

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: [open] Disconnected, but not forfeited

I have seen this happening a couple of times, i.e. my opponents disconnecting after being in a lost position and I don't get my rating improved. The game didn't appear in the list of my games and asking the administrator to assign me points manually didn't help either. I stopped complaining about this, my remedy is to avoid players from a specific country, who use this trick most often.
<<

sti571

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: [open] Disconnected, but not forfeited

I just experienced the same bug, game wont show in my games list or anything. maybe my fault was moving after he disconnected, which restarted the reconnect timer. Anyhow both reconnect timer and my opponents time ran out, game was lost on time, but I gain no points or anything

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages