FAQ

Opponents disconnecting

<<

dan7315

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:25 am

Opponents disconnecting

This has happened to me twice so far, and I haven't been on Chesscube very long. Both times, my opponent disconnected. I got the usual message that if they don't reconnect within 2 minutes they forfeit, but then when the 2 mins ran out, the game didn't end. Instead, I had to wait a while for their timer to run out and then when the timer did finally run out, rather than the normal screen showing the game result, I got an error message. The first time that happened might've been a coincidence, but the second time it occurred, the disconnect happened right after I captured my opponents rook, and at that point I had a pretty much 99% chance of winning, so I was kind of annoyed.

So I'm reporting this bug for 3 reasons:
1) It's pretty frustrating when I have to sit around waiting 10-15 min for my opponent's timer to run out.
2) I didn't get any rating points after the disconnect. (I understand if I won't be able to get those point back, but after my last opponent disconnected immediately after I made a game-deciding move, well, I'm annoyed, to say the least.)
3) I don't believe I got my cubits back after the error. The last game I payed 10 cubits for, I don't remember what the previous one was.

I wish I could upload my screenshot of the error, but it's apparently too large.
<<

sebcole

Pawn

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Opponents disconnecting

here here this is a good point and one i have not thought of before, perhaps if a player is dormant or has not made a move or is disconnected for more than 1 minute , then the opponent should win.
<<

whitetyson

Queen

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 am

dan7315 wrote:This has happened to me twice so far, and I haven't been on Chesscube very long. Both times, my opponent disconnected. I got the usual message that if they don't reconnect within 2 minutes they forfeit, but then when the 2 mins ran out, the game didn't end. Instead, I had to wait a while for their timer to run out and then when the timer did finally run out, rather than the normal screen showing the game result, I got an error message. The first time that happened might've been a coincidence, but the second time it occurred, the disconnect happened right after I captured my opponents rook, and at that point I had a pretty much 99% chance of winning, so I was kind of annoyed.

So I'm reporting this bug for 3 reasons:
1) It's pretty frustrating when I have to sit around waiting 10-15 min for my opponent's timer to run out.
2) I didn't get any rating points after the disconnect. (I understand if I won't be able to get those point back, but after my last opponent disconnected immediately after I made a game-deciding move, well, I'm annoyed, to say the least.)
3) I don't believe I got my cubits back after the error. The last game I payed 10 cubits for, I don't remember what the previous one was.

I wish I could upload my screenshot of the error, but it's apparently too large.

hye there,when chesscube released its new version 2-3 weeks ago some people realized there was a new bug where as if they dc ,norm when losin they dont lose no ratin points,,,happened to me loads aswell,,but am pleased to tell you this bug has now been erased :)
<<

whitetyson

Queen

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

sebcole wrote:here here this is a good point and one i have not thought of before, perhaps if a player is dormant or has not made a move or is disconnected for more than 1 minute , then the opponent should win.

the normal routine is about 1min 45 secs :)

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages