Show the Indian speacialities to world

Moderator: Dinzy

<<

stuart41088

Queen

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am

Show the Indian speacialities to world

A Dialogue From Namaste Indian :-
Akshay Kumar dialogue in Namaste London when he is talking to the British man at the party and he talks about India's achievements? :character-megaman:

Mr PringIe, he'd Iike to teII you
something about India...

When we greet one another,
we foId our hands in namastey...

because we beIieve...

that God resides in the heart
of every human being.

We come from a nation where we aIIow
a Iady of CathoIic origin...

to step aside for a Sikh
to be sworn in as Prime Minister...

to a MusIim President to govern
a nation of over 80 percent Hindus.

It may aIso interest you
to know that...

many of the origins to your words
come from Sanskrit.

For exampIe,
maatr becomes mother...

bhratr becomes brother,
giamiti becomes geometry

trikonniti becomes trigonometry.

We have 5600 newspapers...

magazines in over twenty-one
different Ianguages...

with a combined readership
of over 120 miIIion.

We have reached the moon and back,
but yet...

you people still feel that we've onIy
reached as far as the Indian rope trick

We are the third largest pool in the word
of doctors, engineers
and scientists.

Maybe your grandfather
didn't teII you that...

we have the third Iargest army
in the worId.

And even then, I foId my hands
in humiIity before you...

because we don't beIieve we are
above or beneath any individuaI.

And...

namastey. :)

Lets Show The World what is India .....

Give All details of the culture , nature , monuments, weather etc details here . :character-cookiemonster:

It cant be done by single person as it has variations in all field of knowledge . :character-oscar:

You can share Photos Here too :P
Rock the world with the art of speech
<<

VB_Pro

Pawn

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Show the Indian speacialities to world

woo hoo... fantastic!!
GOD HELP THOSE WHO ARE HELPLESS... So, I stopped believing in him :P
<<

comodypa

Pawn

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:17 pm

excellent stuart!!!! :clap: nice job!!!!!!!
<<

stuart41088

Queen

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 am

About my place INDORE :dance:

FACTS & FIGURES

Language Hindi, Marathi and English
Best time to visit ------ Throughout the year
STD Code 0731

Tour to Indore Indore is the capital city of the erstwhile Holkar rulers. It is an important industrial city in central India and is known as 'mini Mumbai'.
There are a number of historical monuments in Indore belonging to the Holkars. Indore is also known for its temples. The architecture of the monuments in Indore is the amalgamation of different styles. There are several Tourist Places near Indore also.

Indore is located in the Narmada River valley in the western part of the state of Madhya Pradesh in central India. River Saraswati and River Kham, which are tributaries of River Shipra, flow through Indore. Indore is 264 km from Bhopal. The weather is moderate. Summers (April-June) are not too hot and winters are cool (November-February) and pleasant.It experiences southwestern monsoon rains in July-September. Several Tourist Places near Indore are also worth visiting.

BEST TIME TO VISIT (h)

Indore can be visited throughout the year because of its pleasant climate. The same goes for Tourist Places near Indore.

HISTORY X0(

Local landlords established Indore in 1715 as a trade center in the Narmada River valley. They also built the Indreshwar temple in 1741. The city derives its name from this temple. It became the capital city of the Holkars and later became the headquarters of the British Central India Agency and the summer capital of Madhya Bharat (1948-56), before it became a part of the state of Madhya Pradesh.

Rajwada

TOURISTS ATTRACTIONS
:clap:

Tour to Indore There are a number of tourist places in Indore. The Rajwada or the old palace, located in the old part of the city, near the bustling Khajuri Bazaar, is an important site to visit. This building is a unique blend of French, Mughal and Maratha style of architecture. This seven story, 200-year-old building reflects the glory of the Holkars. The three lower stories are made of stone while the upper stories are made of wood and therefore vulnerable to fire. Not much remains of this building, except its façade, as it had been burned down three times in the past. The Kanch Mandir (the temple of mirrors) or Seth Hukanchand temple is located near the Rajwada. It is a Jain temple, having plain exteriors, and contains intricate mirror work on the inside. The Indore Museum, located near the Main Post Office, houses a good collection of pre-medieval and medieval artifacts. The Lal Bagh Palace (built between 1886-1921) is the most important monument created by the erstwhile Holkar rulers. Important state functions were held here. It is set amongst well-laid gardens and located at the southwestern part of Indore. The architecture and interiors of this modern palace is highly influenced by English palaces. Another attraction of Indore city is the Gandhi Hall or Town Hall, built in 1904. This Indo-Gothic styled building is also referred as Ghanta Ghar because it has a four-faced clock tower in the front. A number of art and cultural exhibitions are held in this building. The Chhatri (Cenotaph) Bagh, located near the Kham River, has a number of chhatris or memorial cenotaphs erected in memory of the erstwhile Holkar rulers and their family members. The architectural style of these chhatris is typically Marathi. The Chhatri of Malhar Rao Holkar I, the founder of Holkar dynasty, is impressive. Indore also has the largest Ganpati statue in the world. The Bada Ganpati temple, having an 8-m-tall, bright orange statue of Lord Ganesh was built in 1875. The Gita Bhavan, the Annapurna temple, Bijasen Tekri (a hilltop picnic spot and a vantage point to see Indore at night), and Gomtagiri Jain temples are other places worth visiting in Indore.

PLACES AROUND INDORE
:-|

Kasturbagram,
8 km from Indore, houses the Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust, which was founded by Mahatma Gandhi. This trust has dedicated itself to rural development and its activities are on the principles laid down by Mahatma Gandhi.

Omkareshwar,
known for its Shiva temple of Shri Omkar Mandhata, is located on an island at the confluence of Narmada and Kaveri rivers. The island is connected with the mainland with a high footbridge. There are number of other temples on this island. It takes about 3 hours from Indore to reach here by bus.

ImageOmkareshwar

The town of Maheshwar
is famous for its fort and temples and the saris produced by the local weavers. These intricately patterned silk saris of Maheshwar are called Maheshwari. Travelers having a taste for traditional Indian handicraft can buy saris from local shops. It takes about 4 hours from Indore to reach here by bus.

Mandu is a town famous for its medieval buildings, which include palaces, tombs, temples and a fort. It takes about 3½ hours from Indore to reach here by bus.
Image Mandu
Image Mandu

FAIRS & FESTIVALS
(A)

Bijasen Tekri, near Indore airport, is a small hillock housing the Holkar guesthouse, a small museum and the temple of Bijasen Mata built in 1920. Every year, during the Hindu festival of Navratri, a fair is held in this temple.

HOW TO REACH :think:

Indore has an airport on the western side of the town and is air-linked with Mumbai, Delhi via Bhopal and Gwalior. Indore is well connected to Delhi and Mumbai by rail. Indore is well connected by road with Ujjain (1½ hours), Bhopal (5 hours), Mumbai, Dhar (2 hours), Mandu (1½ hour), Dhar, Omkareshwar, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Mumbai (16 hours).

WHERE TO STAY
:-d

One can find all kind of accommodation in Indore ranging from economy to high-end hotels. Low-budget hotels can be found in the area between the Sarwate bus station and the railway station.
<<

rainshadow

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 am

acha he.. (hope my spelling is correct)..
ahhmm.. just passing by..and im lookin at the photos.. sadly i dont see any beer.. im unlucky.. sigh..

peace out..

:music-rockon: :music-guitarred: :music-deathmetal: :music-rockout: :music-headbanger:
i am not made like anyone i have seen. i dare believe that i am not made like anyone in existence.. if i am not better.. at least i am " DIFFERENT " ..
<<

rengrheezu

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 am

rainshadow wrote:acha he.. (hope my spelling is correct)..
ahhmm.. just passing by..and im lookin at the photos.. sadly i dont see any beer.. im unlucky.. sigh..

peace out..

:music-rockon: :music-guitarred: :music-deathmetal: :music-rockout: :music-headbanger:

Kuya Rain, lookin for beer in all room? :P
<<

dmialr91

Knight

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 am

Wow nice places mousy.. sponsor me a ticket plzzzzzzzzz :p :p
Don't Pretend To Be Someone Else Because Each Of Us Have Our Own Uniqueness..
<<

stuart41088

Queen

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

MALWA CUISINE
If you are one of those people who are very adventurous when it comes to their food, Indore City is one of the best place for you to visit. Indore City, which located in the Malwa Plateau in central India, offers a variety of food that could satisfy the most discriminating taste. In fact, one of the best attractions that Indore City has to offer is the food. Most people who have visited this place would always remember the tasty food that this City has to offer.
Daal bati.

Image dal bati

Dal Baati (Hindi: दाल बाटी), popular name for a preparation comprising Dal and Baati, is a very well known dish of Malwa region in Madhya Pradesh state in India.

Dal is basically prepared from tuvaar dal. Tuvaar dal is first boiled in pressure cooker and after that it is prepared for the tadka. First the oil is heated in the frying pan and then rai-jeera are sprinkled into it then put green meshed chilli and garlic then all spices including salt, hing, red chilli, haldi, coriander, ginger and many more spices are mixed into it. And finally we put the boiled tuvaar daal into this paste.

Baati is basically a hard bread made up of wheat powder commonly known as aata. First we mesh wheat powder with little bit of salt and water. Then we prepare tennis ball size round balls of this mixture and put it in well heated cow dung cake. After it get brown colour its been taken out and stuffed in Ghee.

This Dal-Baati is then served with Rava Ladoo, rice, pudina chaatni, kari (green mango) chaatni, green salad with excess of onion and fresh curd milk (chass).
Dal Bafla

Dal Bafla (Hindi: दाल बाफला) is a variation of Dal Baati, where the normal Baati is replaced by the Bafla, a softer version of it.

Poha and jalebi
Image poha

Indore is one of the few places in the world where u can set up a small ’’thela’ serving poha -jalebi (Poha is a local dish, jalebi is a sweet dish) and if the taste is approved by the Indoriens, be assured u can earn enough for generations to come. When it comes to food, Indori chatoras stand a class apart. Poha, jalebi, garadu, sabudani ke kichrhi, somose-kachori, patis, khaman, pani puri - u name it and u have it. U come here with a new product and if its passed by the ’chotori jubaan’ of Indorians, don’t b surprised if u become a lakhpati in no time, a crorepati too is very much on cards - it happens only in Indore :-)

Malwi Kadi

Image Kadi

This delicious kadi cooked with rich Indian flavors, that’s too delicious to resist!!

SAmosa
Image samosa

Indore is famous for its culinary rang and is known for its wide variety of " Namkeens", Samosa.
<<

vasu_bajpai

Pawn

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Now that's our India (The Golden Bird ) :angelic-little: :angelic-halo: :violin:
Superb posts stu :-P
<<

intandayana

Bishop

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 am

here got samosa too!! but for sure not same as in India rt? ;)

fly me to India pls~~ :character-yoshi: :character-yoshi:
No matter where you live, no matter what you do, some of these things are always true.
Next

Return to India