<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Chesscube Videos - How to install and view

Chesscube Cinema & Videos - Installation

How to download

• Users can download ChessCube Cinema by visiting
    http://www.chesscube.com/register/cinema.
  • At this point, you need to provide your ChessCube username and password, and login into the system, where you will be able to download Cinema.

Installation Requirements

In order to successfully install/run ChessCube Cinema, you need to have Adobe AIR installed. (http://get.adobe.com/air/)

How to download videos manually

You can install Cinema and then view the videos using Chesscube Cinema. Once you have Cinema installed and running, the video download should start immediately. If it does not, you should click on the Update Library button at the top/middle of the screen.

Premium users can visit this link to check the latest weekly streaming videos available - http://www.chesscube.com/premiumVideos/

If you still dont get or see the video, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

How to purchase videos from the shop

How to update Cinema Libraries with different usernames

Some users have various usernames, in which Username1 downloads ChessCube Cinema, and buys a couple of videos. He/She then registers username2 , and then goes into the shop to buy more videos, while logging in with username2. You might not view/download the videos you just bought.

You can completely remove the user data for ChessCube Cinema by doing the following:

1. Make sure Cinema is not open and that it is closed.
2. Go to "/Users/YourUserName/Documents" folder (usually on the C drive) and delete "ChessCube Cinema Videos" folder
3. Now go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\" folder and look for a "ChessCubeCinema.3A9405F9F5DD10EB78C07579A1858C76CD0D0DAC.1" folder don't worry about the numbers behind the name of the "ChessCubeCinema" folder, ok delete "ChessCubeCinema.3A9405F9F5DD10EB78C07579A1858C76CD0D0DAC.1" folder
4. Now if you run ChessCubeCinemaV2 again it will be like a clean install also please make sure to download the latest version of Cinema

How to back-up videos

If you want to back up videos, you can find the videos at this location in your pc:

C:\ Libraries\Documents\ChessCube Cinema Videos (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
C:\My Documents\ ChessCube Cinema Videos (Windows XP)
( applies for Linux and Mac too )

FAQ regarding Chesscube Cinema and Videos

Q: Can I copy videos I bought for my friend? Or can I copy his?
No, the videos will only play on Cinema of the user who bought the videos.

Q: I want a refund / there is a problem with the video / there is a payment error etc.

Please contact ChessCube customer support - [email protected] - they handle all purchase queries.

Q: I just bought a video - where is it!?

Download Cinema ( http://www.chesscube.com/register/cinema ) with the username you bought the video with; install it, start it, and and click on Update Library to start downloading.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

asol

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Re: Chesscube Videos - How to install and view

I have 2 accounts but your post is either outdated or just wrong, I have no such folders that you posted, only Chesscube Videos, and I can't change the account of the Cinema. Make a post that actually helps with all kinds. And chesscube should fix its software not make people do this to change a simple username and password.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 pm

asol wrote:I have 2 accounts but your post is either outdated or just wrong, I have no such folders that you posted, only Chesscube Videos, and I can't change the account of the Cinema. Make a post that actually helps with all kinds/

If the folders mentioned above is not on your PC, email [email protected] for additional instructions.

asol wrote:And chesscube should fix its software not make people do this to change a simple username and password.

ChessCube has nothing to fix :).
1- We allow one user to have one username. Users own one account, purchases videos on that account, installs Cinema on that account.
2- Having the ability to log in and log back out simply allows for videos to be pirated and shared.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

cinkupis

Pawn

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey, I don't know why but it doesn't let me to buy a video.. I'm trying to buy it via paypal, but on the page where you have to confirm information and press "continue" (after logging in of course) it redirects me to the original shopping cart page where you have to press "Proceed" to start the whole process again... Am I doing something wrong or it's just that I cannot buy any of those videos? by the way, I tried to buy "General guide to the Opening - Vol 5" and after that I also tried "General Guide to the Opening - Vol 2"... But everything was the same and I wasn't able to buy it. Any suggestions? I'm really interested in buying videos, not only those that I've mentioned at the moment.

Thanks.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey cinkupis,

Would you happen to be on a Mac by any chance?

Thanks,
Sean
<<

cinkupis

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 am

Sean wrote:Hey cinkupis,

Would you happen to be on a Mac by any chance?

Thanks,
Sean

Nope, my OS is Windows XP Professional; Pentium(R) 4, CPU 3.00GHz, RAM: 1.50GB.

-Cinkupis
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 am

<<

justinhinz

Pawn

Post Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 pm

I have downloaded and installed adobe.air. I have purchased a video. When I open up chess cinema and I choose connect log in, the screen is black and nothing happens. I have windows vista
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 pm

justinhinz wrote:I have downloaded and installed adobe.air. I have purchased a video. When I open up chess cinema and I choose connect log in, the screen is black and nothing happens. I have windows vista

Hi,

Make sure your adobe air is updated. Try re-installing if the problem persists.

Thanks,
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
Next

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base