Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.25 changelog

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
<<

beenny2

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 am

hello friend ,how can i get full connection? i only get half connection every time i play
<<

pooja_desai

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:02 pm

this is the best platform for all chess players in the world.
<<

moksteermatog

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 am

Hello very nice website.
<<

demolition23

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 am

Hei, I joined this site the other day and it's really crazy and quirky! I'm still figuring my way around the place, but what I like most about it is that the staff are really sensible and are pro-chess. I used to play on chess com which is supposedly the biggest site, but I really despised some of their pandering policies... so well done!

annabella wrote:Thank you :clap: Chesscube is so far the BEST chess site!!

:dance:

clem0n wrote:Warzone Tournaments: Users now have a maximum of 15 seconds to respond to Doubling Cube requests. If they do not, then the Doubling Cube is automatically applied and the game is resigned, meaning the winner wins double points, the loser loses double points. If you're paired against a non-mover, simply offer the Double Cube. ''

I've noticed that the higher rated players always seem to double, while the lower rated ones just make moves. At first this was annoying and I would resign in frustration, especially if I was leading a tournament by twice the 2nd place player's score. I'm sorta getting used to the pop-up now though. It would be better if there was an auto-accept doubling button or switch so that it didn't mess up concentration at the start of the game.

fallenlord wrote:It is bad, that the ability to select pieces colour is no more :(. Random is not a good choice.

Actually it is a very good pro-chess policy! Are you here for a fair game, or do you just want to be White in every game? :-|

djd38 wrote:There is one problem that I would like to mention. It happens quite often that opponents when they are losing the game simply stop playing and refuse to make any moves hoping that I will leave in frustation. Cann anything be done about this form of abuse?

The way to think about this is: when you started the game for a certain amount of time X, you are prepared to play for the time of 2X. How the opponent uses their X time is up to them. And if they sit there and flag, you still won the game! Don't second guess people. That's the beauty of chess - people can play it how they like, within the rules. I'm pleased that there is no silly policies applied to this like on chess com. Over there they have a "fair play policy" which is a sham because people use it to play unfairly. For example if you start a bullet game, there could be someone at the front door, and you have to rush off and get that. When you come back it gives some stupid message about how you have been reported for possible rule violations! Obviously that site was not designed with real chess playing in mind. Furthermore, to combat this sort of behaviour is very easy: turn up your sound volume to full, then go into the kitchen and start cooking. You will hear if they try to sneak in a move.

legals-mate wrote:I have never had an OTB blitz opponent say check to me.

Same here. In fact if you leave your king in check, they can claim the game! So it's up to you to be aware of what's happening. I suppose there could be a button switch for this, and you could turn it on or off, if you preferred, but again, this site is doing a great job in not pandering to mediocrity :)

Keep up the good work!
<<

lihann

Knight

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm

nice :dance: :dance: :clap:
i love chess
<<

willing2win

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 pm

cant play game

Disconnected from the game...try to reconnect....??
also cant watch the others game..error in loading page...what is the matter??????????
<<

saikiran1651

Bishop

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am

wow great work thanx :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<

demolition23

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:15 pm

demolition23 wrote:Hei, I joined this site the other day and it's really crazy and quirky!

And now I am banned after 1 week! I got a message saying Cheating / Sandbagging. Wasn't doing either of the sort. I won a few fischer random tournaments, that's all. Could a staff member please help me with this? Thanks.

Demo
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News