FAQ

Opponent's timer runs out, I lose.

<<

steej

Pawn

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Opponent's timer runs out, I lose.

This has happened several times now, halfway through the game, my opponent seems to stop playing, so I'm stuck waiting for their timer to run down. Then their timer reaches 2 seconds to go or something, and they finally make a move, and it suddenly becomes my timer that is running out, and I forfeit on time, before I can do anything. Not sure whether this is a bug which people are exploiting, or there's some cheating involved, but it's frustrating to lose a game you won.
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: Opponent's timer runs out, I lose.

yeah same happens to me also..it's happen due to high lag...the solution is try to play with low lag players or play long games(5,10 mins) (A)
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
<<

gideon1

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 am

I played 15 minutes game and the same s..t happened.At the end opponent run out of time and then I look in the game history and saw that I am lost.
<<

pabloasturias

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 pm

knightattack wrote:yeah same happens to me also..it's happen due to high lag...the solution is try to play with low lag players or play long games(5,10 mins) (A)

Really nice, and what about the warzone final???? you`ll look for a long game??????? The solution is that CC learn about other places like Buho21 or chessbase where this things don`t happend
<<

ivanshuck

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 pm

i have just this kind of problem so i want to know why is this
<<

pabloasturias

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 pm

ivanshuck wrote:i have just this kind of problem so i want to know why is this

At first I thougt that the problem was my connect , so I buy more, now I have 5mb. free everytime, later I tought that the problem was my computer, now I have one better.......but I have a lot of problems.......I don`t know why, i know that this problems don`t happend in other places, and I know tht is stupid to try contact whit CC to them explain to you, because nobody answer. I just think that them know the problems ( probably CC servers are litle, because I have more problems when is a big tourney and less problems when it is small).
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi pabloasturias,

yeah that's a big problem for cc users..as i know the main reason of this problem is lag...it could be your lag and also depends upon the your opponent's lag..by the way for more detail about this problem check the below link...

Time lost during opponent’s move : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1571

Game clock/time problems : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1561

Thanks

KnightAttack
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
<<

agrael

Pawn

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I have this problem in almost every games since about a month. I play only 25min+10s. And it's very frustrating when you lose like that after playing a long game. Plz fix it, I like playing here a lot :(
<<

zigleez

Pawn

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 pm

me too, it's started since 2 days in my pc
i play 1 min only, and i often lose in time... :@

fix this bug as soon as possible :pray: :think: :snooty:
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm

zigleez wrote:me too, it's started since 2 days in my pc
i play 1 min only, and i often lose in time... :@

fix this bug as soon as possible :pray: :think: :snooty:

Hi Zigleez,

as i already said in above replys this problem is due to the serious/high lag of your connection or your oppenet's connection and ..solution try to play with a low lag player..between 100 to 250 ms lag is good lag..or play long games...

Q. how to see lag??
A.in your game window...If you look at the bar next to your name and your opponent’s name you can see lag positions...Green for good...Red for bad lag connection

Check your lag : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1501&

For more detail about LAG check the below link..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

Thanks

KnightAttack
KnightAttack
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages