FAQ

[fixed] BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: [fixed] BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

Before I continue my reply, please note that this bug is no longer relevant, as we have resolved the 10.2 issue.

chessychess wrote:I believe many users are likewise affected by this bug. One important question many users would like to ask is whether the bug was caused by Adobe or Chesscube, as this could resolve the issue of refunding tourney entry fees for those logged out when playing tourneys since Chesscube are surprisingly not willing to refund entry fees related to this bug.

The simple answer is that this bug was caused by an error in Adobe Flash Player 10.2. ChessCube had not changed their code at all during Adobe's switch between 10.1 and 10.2. If you're interested in further reading on this being an Adobe problem, please follow these links:

http://blog.chesscube.com/flash-player- ... chesscube/
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3489654
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3490420

chessychess wrote:Just before the bug happened, my game panel was replaced by a msg requiring me to update to the latest FlashPlayer before I can relog in again. But after doing so, I got worse problems instead and my IE browsers keep crashing occassionally without end. I am sure many users experienced this same situation too just before it happened.

Based on what you've just written here, you still asked if this is ChessCube's fault? Even after saying that RIGHT after updating your Flash Player you've had disconnection issues. Asking who's fault this is does not make sense to me. :think:

chessychess wrote:Todate, I have not been refunded for 2 tourneys I entered that day when the bug first started, totalling over 1,000 cubits. This is peanuts in value, CC should not make it more difficult for its loyal active users.

The reason you have not been refunded twice was purely due to the fact that 1) you completed the Tournaments without any bugs - you simply have a poor connection (which is no fault of ChessCube) , and 2) that you've been told COUNTLESS times before that Adobe 10.2 would crash your browser, yet you continued to play Tournaments logged on with it.

-Sean
<<

chessmaniapro

Pawn

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi Sean,

My question is whether CC requested users to update their FlashPlayer before they can continue accessing your game site? and whether it is compulsory to update to latest Flash version in order to use yuor site?

The reason why I asked the above is becos abt 4 days ago just before the problem of bugged browser occured, my game panel was replaced by a msg requiring me to update to latest FlashPlayer; and after doing so, the problem of crashing repeatedly started after I joined into 2 of your tourneys on that same day. It would be appreciated if you can confirm that the msg to update Flash was instituted by your site.

As reiterated by me, I joined the 2 tourneys BEFORE any trouble started in my browsers abt 4 days ago when I was prompted to update my FlashPlayer. Hence No one warned me about this impending problem of game site's browser constantly crashing and getting me logged out each time I relogged in. It was only after I joined your 2 tourneys that my browsers immediately start crashing constantly and didnt give me any chance to play or compete in my entered tourneys which I already paid for.

Like all other users, I had to frantically tried to salvage the situation in time to play your tourneys but was in vain no matter how hard I try to relog-in for the rest of the day, and had to forgo the tourneys and also my entry fees, not to mention the harrowing time and panic situations experienced that day.

I wish that CC would be more sympathetic for all the inconvenience caused to sincere and loyal users.
<<

telford

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Need help? Look here first!

I'm having a problem, the program keeps crashing during games.
I know it's something to do with shockwave but i can't find out how to fix it

Any advice appreciated

Telford
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 am

Re: Need help? Look here first!

telford wrote:I'm having a problem, the program keeps crashing during games.
I know it's something to do with shockwave but i can't find out how to fix it

Any advice appreciated

Telford

Which browser and version of Adobe Flash Player are you using?
To check which version of Flash you have, simply visit: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (On Firefox or IE).
If you're using Google Chrome as a browser, you'll have the latest version of Flash (10.2) installed.
<<

baluuu

Bishop

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:31 am

in my fathers computer 10.2 works fine...it just 1gb ram... :drool:
but mine 2gb ram just need 10.1

why is that so? :doh:
it is not a move ,even the best move ,that you must seek ,but a realizable plan.....(chess proverb)
Previous

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages