FAQ

game is not starting

<<

shtevipapam74

Pawn

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:46 pm

game is not starting

Hey,
Game is not starting. I chose an oponent, but the Loading game screen appears (see attachment) without going further and game does not begin.
The same thing happens when I enter a tournament. Games are also not starting.
This is happening since yesterday.
:(
Thank you in advance for your help
Attachments
game is not starting.JPG
see attached print screen
game is not starting.JPG (148.77 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
<<

naradan

Pawn

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: game is not starting

Hi, i'm new, and i got the same problem...i was losing 5 out of 6 times...and that 1 win only because i use white and the foe seems not there too. Why is it like that????
<<

naradan

Pawn

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi, i'm new, and i got the same problem...i was losing 5 out of 6 times...and that 1 win only because i use white and the foe seems not there too. Why is it like that????
<<

sirboursin

Pawn

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi, I have the same problem... :(
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi to all,

good day friends...

Sometimes due to routine maintenance of server/slow net connection/not good net connectivity/technical problem this problem facing by users....if you have good net connection and you are still sufferning from this problem then...

Try These simple steps...
Refresh hard(3 to 5 times it works sometimes for me)...
OR
logout then....
try to clear the caches of your browser...
as i do always first of all go to start(in search section if you have window 7) option type there "run">>%temp%>>delet all temporary files after that clear all caches with the help of ccleaner...
and also if you have older flash player then
update your flash player..relogin
if nothing happen then try to login with different browser..
Firefox,IE and Safari are best browser for chesscube...
Chrome have some technical flash problem in these days...

Thanks

KnightAttack
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
<<

realty_don

Knight

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Some game not starting is 'normal' for this site (in tournaments, the design anticipates this and
game matchups will be retried twice more before the site arbitrarily chooses a 'result'.

If the game not starting is excessive (eg. imo more than say, 1 in 20 match-ups), sometimes, it's the site's
problem (so, return in an hour and maybe it'll be fixed). Much more often it's a PC/browser problem, so:

- try refreshing your webpage (or closeout the webpage and return), if that doesn't fix it, then

- if convenient, return via a different browser (if there's no problem with a different browser here, then
you know that clearing your cache/cookies of your first browser will likely help

- if using Chrome, it may greatly help if you disable Chrome's internal flash (that works for some), there
may be other Chrome settings involved (as, disabling Chrome's internal flash does not work for all)

- I'm very familiar with cc and Firefox [it makes these forums manageable, as it remembers the View /
Zoom Out settings for a webpage and so, makes this forum's ridiculously large fonts, legible): to keep
a closer watch on the problem activate your Windows 'Task Manager' (usually via CTRL-ALT-DEL, done once),
and be aware that the file, Firefox's plugin-container.exe will grow with time. If its size exceeds perhaps
150 MB, then you're probably due for refreshing your webpage. If it's size exceeds 300 MB, you're without
doubt overdue for refreshing your webpage.

It is recommended practice to refresh your webpage before important games and tournaments.

Don

ps. Rebooting can be a Large improvement if you have not rebooted your PC for several days and are
using 'suspend' / hibernate, instead. A cold (power off) shutdown/reboot, might be even better, but
I've achieved great results at times when all else has failed by simply rebooting (probably cleans up
a bunch of tiresome TSR processes, I suspect).

pps. Be wary of of the consequences of using WiFi and/or a Router -- sharing your connection with
others can lead to major issues if they are downloading movies or doing some other intensive download tasks.
<<

cherniazmej

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Hey Knightattack,

Deleting all temporary internet files with Disc Cleanup worked for me perfectly!

I did it and game started :clap:

Thank you!

:)

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages