FAQ

starting again

<<

oikk01

Pawn

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:33 pm

starting again

I am trying to learn chess again. I know the basic moves and some of the principles but find it very hard to beat any personality with ELO above 1200 on chessmaster. Whats your suggestion for the best method for me to better my game? I find the toughest part for me is transforming the space I create in an opening into something more fruitful like complete control of the center or a meaningful attack ..
What ive started doing the last few days is just start out a normal match in practice mode. Iwhen I run into a new opening I dont know I look it up on youtube and study videos of it. I then proceed with playing the match and analyze it afterwards... is that an ok method? any other suggestions?
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am

Re: starting again

Hi oikk01,

first of all welcome,
now move on to your problem if you wanna improve your chess skills the best way play long games,watch high rated player's games,watch videos from store/youtube do more practice for games..that only helps you to improve your chess skills..
here are some link which helps you to improving your chess skills..

Chess Rules :-

Chess Rules & how to move a piece>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3263

Pawn Promotion>>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3264

En Passant>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3257

How To castle>>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3262

50 move rule>>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3416

Some openings and Games of famous players:-

Chess Openings>> viewforum.php?f=19

Some Cool chess games>>> viewforum.php?f=20

Famous chess games>>> viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3294

How to play in Chesscube :-

Play rated games>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3469

Play Unrated games>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3470

Watch tab>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3495

Live game>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3569

Thanks

KnightAttack
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
<<

quadriple

Pawn

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:55 am

uhhh knight attack i think he said his problems were on chessmaster which is a chess engine like fritz
and olkk,
Why dont you post a pgn on one of your games on chesscube?
<<

konstantino07

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:59 pm

oikk01 wrote:I am trying to learn chess again. I know the basic moves and some of the principles but find it very hard to beat any personality with ELO above 1200 on chessmaster. Whats your suggestion for the best method for me to better my game? I find the toughest part for me is transforming the space I create in an opening into something more fruitful like complete control of the center or a meaningful attack ..
What ive started doing the last few days is just start out a normal match in practice mode. Iwhen I run into a new opening I dont know I look it up on youtube and study videos of it. I then proceed with playing the match and analyze it afterwards... is that an ok method? any other suggestions?

it would help you to buy a cc video too. they are very helpful, i tried it
ready to join chesscube? just click her and get rewarded! http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... stantino07

Return to Beginner's Corner