Re: Sandbagging - what is it?

:naughty: yes
<<

mike_5

Pawn

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Sansen,
I have just sent you a long email providing a possible programming solution to sandbagging. It took me an hour to write it. I hope it helps.
<<

prasad85b

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:35 am

hi when i play with highly rated opponent, i always observed that even my time was more than his time i lost in time outs mostly in two minuits game.so, i play with low rated players.i'm good player in 15min and more time required games but not in 10min or low time games.i find time cheaters in my experience.sandbagging by lowring rating is not a big problem b coz it depends on intellegence and expertise but TIME CHEATING IS DANGEROUS.
<<

vincenso

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Sandbagging has nothing to do with time cheating. Sandbagging is to present yourself as a weaker player than you are. For example my current rating is 2352. I think it represents my strength well. But when I used to do sandbagging I would keep my rating between 2000 and 2050 and I would only play players who had a lower rating than me. So you can imagine my opponents wouldn't know what hit them before they lost a couple of games.

To do sandbagging you need to win in high cubit games and lose in low cubit games. For example you can play 200 cubit games to win and 20 cubit games to lose. Your cubits will continuously raise but your rating will stay the same.
<<

drcheck

King

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 pm

vincenso wrote:Sandbagging has nothing to do with time cheating. Sandbagging is to present yourself as a weaker player than you are. For example my current rating is 2352. I think it represents my strength well. But when I used to do sandbagging I would keep my rating between 2000 and 2050 and I would only play players who had a lower rating than me. So you can imagine my opponents wouldn't know what hit them before they lost a couple of games.

To do sandbagging you need to win in high cubit games and lose in low cubit games. For example you can play 200 cubit games to win and 20 cubit games to lose. Your cubits will continuously raise but your rating will stay the same.

and if you do this (sandbagging) your accounts gets banned
<<

ssaha00

Pawn

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Dear Sir,

This is my 1st day in this forum as my id has been banned today. Now only i came to know about this sandbagging.

Sir, I would extreamely request you to kindly unban my id as i was completely unaware of this. GIVE ME A CHANCE ...... This site is my favorite site for playing chess. I am really very sad when i saw my id is banned. My apologize pls .....
<<

mrobert93

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:25 pm

i'm glad i came here to read up on this, i've been a 1700-1800 player for a while playing only 10 min or 5 min and i've been rarely entering some tournaments along the way, but they had very low time control (1 min) which i was not used to at all, so as you can imagine my tournament rating is extremely low because of it and sometimes i would just close my browser in the middle of a tournament out of frustration of not handling the time ... now i realise my rating was dropping even more because of it which is sandbagging ...
thank you for making this thread
i will keep my "cool" and play them till the end from now :)
<<

vin0_24

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 am

hi i want to know why they banned my accounts..... pls unban my accounts...moderator said we are not allowed to have more accounts... i have only 4 & they banned them all.... i read you policy regarding on cheating and i am 100% sure i didnt violate any rules...i am not sandbagging you can check my game history...

thank you & i hope my accounts wil unban soon - vino_24, lee_yeon_sung & i_am_strong
<<

drcheck

King

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:47 am

vin0_24 wrote:hi i want to know why they banned my accounts..... pls unban my accounts...moderator said we are not allowed to have more accounts... i have only 4 & they banned them all.... i read you policy regarding on cheating and i am 100% sure i didnt violate any rules...i am not sandbagging you can check my game history...

thank you & i hope my accounts wil unban soon - vino_24, lee_yeon_sung & i_am_strong

you created those new accounts to re-start your rating at 1500, when you are really a 2000+ rated player. Then you play high wager games as a low rated player, unfairly allowing our paying customers believe they are playing a 1500 rated player and have a fair game. Instead they are playing a 2000+ rated player who is masquerading as a 1500, to unfairly accumulate their cubits. That is that same as sandbagging your rating down to 1500.
<<

chan_ga_pro

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 pm

My account is chan_ga_pro. I used it 4-5 years ago. I play about 2 thousands games and about 2 thousand tournament games. I'd not used cheat and software. A month ago, my friend len my acount to practice and relax. But i come back and used it 2 days ago.
Today, I login it and see Your nick is banned. I don'r know what's happend to me.
Please Unban my acount. You can check all games I've played.
Another my acount is chess_vn. Please check it.
P/s: My English is too bad. Try to understand it. Thank you sir
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News