FAQ

Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:01 am

Seeing black page after login

Maybe something odd is happening to my account. Whenever I login on CC (http://www.chesscube.com/play/app), this pitch black page greets me all the time. Yup, just a black page, color=#000000, and nothing there except my mouse pointer, perhaps. I've done clear-cache-restart-browser-clear-cache-restart-pc-clear-cache-restart-life troubleshooting, and I still get the black page.

I can login on the forum, though, obviously.

My last successful login was the other day (I can't remember what date it was). But I do remember that I use the site well last time, rented two videos (the first two of Andrew Martin shows) and watched the first chapter successfully, played with two games and watched several of my buddies and chatted with them in the game. The next day, when I tried to login, the black page greeted me since then.

The other day, I upgraded my FF to the latest version but I can't see no problem there, because I'm using chrome. And, afaik, there are no other changes in my system. (And I can't test it with another account.. are we allowed to make another one in this case?) It's the same symptom when I use FF and Safari.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm using xpsp3, chrome 9.0.597.107, Shockwave Flash 10.2.154.12 and a pair of eyeglasses.
"Not being able to speak is not the same as not speaking. You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of s**t they are."
- Lee, Rush Hour
<<

innuendo1976

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: ChessCube Ratings

This floor system will cause ELO inflation. whats about next situation:
two players plays together. Each loses 50 times in a row and then wins 50 in a row. So the ratings of both increasing.
Explain please
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Seeing black page after login

aabkhara wrote:Maybe something odd is happening to my account. Whenever I login on CC (http://www.chesscube.com/play/app), this pitch black page greets me all the time. Yup, just a black page, color=#000000, and nothing there except my mouse pointer, perhaps. I've done clear-cache-restart-browser-clear-cache-restart-pc-clear-cache-restart-life troubleshooting, and I still get the black page.

I can login on the forum, though, obviously.

My last successful login was the other day (I can't remember what date it was). But I do remember that I use the site well last time, rented two videos (the first two of Andrew Martin shows) and watched the first chapter successfully, played with two games and watched several of my buddies and chatted with them in the game. The next day, when I tried to login, the black page greeted me since then.

The other day, I upgraded my FF to the latest version but I can't see no problem there, because I'm using chrome. And, afaik, there are no other changes in my system. (And I can't test it with another account.. are we allowed to make another one in this case?) It's the same symptom when I use FF and Safari.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm using xpsp3, chrome 9.0.597.107, Shockwave Flash 10.2.154.12 and a pair of eyeglasses.

Hi,

It seems you have done the basic troubleshooting yourself, and tried logging in through other browsers. Let me ask you, how long do you keep the "black" screen up (after you see "intializing chesscube") before you close the browser?

Could I just ask you to keep it running for sometime before closing the browser. i.e. go have dinner for example and come back check on it, it happens at times that it may get "stuck"

Regarding the creation of another account we do allow you to do so.

Let me know if I could help further.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: ChessCube Ratings

innuendo1976 wrote:This floor system will cause ELO inflation. whats about next situation:
two players plays together. Each loses 50 times in a row and then wins 50 in a row. So the ratings of both increasing.
Explain please

Hi,

The main goal of the rating floor is to limit the amount of rating points a person can drop on purpose (“sandbagging”) in order to compete for prizes in rating range tournaments. Losing on purpose is against the TOS, and the user is subjected to a permanent ban.

Any abuse of the rating floor system will be dealt with accordingly, please contact [email protected] if you suspect any abuse regarding this matter.

To learn more about this system please have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=285
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

einsteiniumz

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 pm

The pieces becaming blurrier.

Hello Sean, I want to report a problem I've seen 2-3days ago. I play on google chrome and I've noticed lately that the pieces became blurrier. Like if the pixels were enlarged or if there was less of them than before. It's kind of annoying for my eyes and I'm sure it's not a problem with my eyes because other chess sites work well. Thx!
<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Seeing black page after login

Sansen wrote:...keep it running for sometime before closing the browser...
Regarding the creation of another account we do allow you to do so.

I gave up creating another account, because I discovered today that I can see the black page even if I'm not yet logged in. The chance of having my account corrupted is slim, maybe it has something to do with my flash player.. I'll try reinstalling it later.

Btw, these info might help you help me in troubleshooting: :]
  • When I click anywhere on the black page, it gives me a menu with two items: "Movie not loaded..." and "About Adobe Flash Player 10.2.154.12"
  • In my chrome://plugins page I have the flash players, both enabled.
    Flash (2 files) - Version: 10.2.154.12
    Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154
      Code:
    Name:   Shockwave Flash
    Description:   Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154
    Version:   10,2,154,12
    Priority:   2
    Location:   C:\Documents and Settings\Junjie\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\9.0.597.107\gcswf32.dll
        Disable
    MIME types:   
    MIME type   Description   File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash   Adobe Flash movie   .swf
    application/futuresplash   FutureSplash movie   .spl

Name:   Shockwave Flash
    Description:   Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
    Version:   10,2,152,26
    Priority:   23
        Disable
    MIME types:   
    MIME type   Description   File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash   Adobe Flash movie   .swf
    application/futuresplash   FutureSplash movie   .spl

After clearing my cache, I left it open on the black page. I'll come back later for the result.
<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:12 am

Re: The pieces becaming blurrier.

einsteiniumz wrote:...I've noticed lately that the pieces became blurrier. Like if the pixels were enlarged or if there was less of them than before.
Try resizing your browser.
Also, the latest addition of completion/progress bar on top may have reduced the size of the chess board (thus, making it blurry), try accomplishing all the tasks stated to remove the progress bar. ;]
<<

j25ack

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 am

cancel subscription

How do I cancel my subscrition?
<<

acc_karthik

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:37 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

guys i love videos can chesscube give free videos like before :dance:
<<

acc_karthik

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

guy i cant see teachers face in video like cc cinema change it!!! in online :dance:
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base