Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Chesscube Error

any mod help! plzzz
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:55 pm

site was down for a few hours yesterday, seems in good working order late yesterday and today.

you're still unable to get in? (I'm not a mod)
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 pm

still doesnt work.. and sean and sansen dont seem to care
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 am

seems to be just you, maybe your browser's out of whack (you could try a different one, even, (yuck!) I.E.)

your account seems to be fine (no red "banned" label, else that could prevent your visiting cc)

facebook.com (double yuck!) cc page: "ChessCube is a cutting-edge online chess platform and community where over a million users play live chess" Such high aspirations. If they're not meeting your expectations, maybe you could post your concern there (but only if you're already a member of the dubious Facebook network, as I'd never suggest someone join Facebook)
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm

already did
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 am

can a mod help please? is anyone else have the problem that i do? stuck on 0% loading on every browser i use
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 am

(your topic's received over 2,000 viewings, either from different members or the same member returning to check on it, or some combination of the two)

for serious stuff, email the site's technicians: [email protected]

random suggestions:

-cold reboot (literally shutdown and unplug your PC, wait 2 minutes, then start up again) -- cleans up any pesky TSRs that might be clogging up the works; if you weren't saying the problem's in multiple browsers I'd be suggesting clearing the cache & deleting cookies, too. This site can become problematic if you've not rebooted in more than a week or two, if it were a much longer period it could become impossible to login imo.

-make sure your flash (right click the cc server screen) is reasonably up to date (and, sometimes flash won't actually update, so check after updating, too -- if flash is not updating you may need to uninstall the earlier version first); actually I suggest in any event uninstall and then reinstall (with the latest version) your flash anyway as it's sounding like a flash issue

-run a bunch of PC anti-virus programs, eg. I use free ones like Avast / ZoneAlarm, supplemented with SuperAntiSpyware (which, caught a really nasty trojan this week), Avira's rescue disc (a boot CD, bypasses Windows entirely and uses its own Linux, usually catches most stuff but bizarrely missed that trojan), and MalWareBytes

-try a general cleanup program like Glary (your registry might simply be chockful of outdated broken links, references)

-see if you're due for defragmenting your hard drive (in extreme cases this could lead to picky stuff 'timing out')

-you're surely using your own firewall and not windows, but just in case it's a firewall setting, enable the Windows firewall and disable your own firewall

-create a fresh "PC User" account (via control panel) and work from there [pretty much eliminate ALL setting issues as the source of a problem, as that truly does 'start fresh']

-last or first resort, Windows "restore" to an earlier happier time :-|

good luck!

<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 am

So, I see you're back.

How did you resolve your problem?

<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 pm

followed your advice :-d
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages