FAQ

How to Delete my Account?

<<

AAA_VeNoM

Bishop

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:38 pm

How to Delete my Account?

Hi,

You cannot delete your account. Accounts are linked to games played and to various reports (including abuse reports) and we cannot remove your name from these records for technical and administrative reasons.

If you want a different name, please sign up again and get the name you want.

If your concern is having your email address in our system, and you never want to receive mail from us you can disable all mail in two ways: click on the unsubscribe link in any marketing message we send you, or when online, click on your username (top right) >> Settings >> Email Notifications and select to "Unsubscribe from all ChessCube emails"

Additionally, if you no longer want to use your account, you can simply not log on with that account any more.

Credits: Mr.Bryan.
Always at your service.
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:04 am

Re: How to Delete my Account?

I personally think that we should have the privilege of deleting accounts if we do not want them anymore! :)
What is the point of keeping or saving an account if you are not even going to use it anymore?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<

limca

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am

(6) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :pray: :snooty:
Reecemaxwe wrote:I personally think that we should have the privilege of deleting accounts if we do not want them anymore! :)
What is the point of keeping or saving an account if you are not even going to use it anymore?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<

kitheel

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:51 am

Is it just me, or does that seem to be a rather "shifty" policy? :think:
<<

baluuu

Bishop

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 am

if we create a account and if we dont want can we give it to our friends :think:
it is not a move ,even the best move ,that you must seek ,but a realizable plan.....(chess proverb)
<<

watsoncool

Pawn

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 am

baluuu wrote:if we create a account and if we dont want can we give it to our friends

According to section 17 of T&C, "Your right to use the Service is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable."
<<

getnid

Pawn

Post Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am

Reecemaxwe wrote:........What is the point of keeping or saving an account if you are not even going to use it anymore?........

Please read aaa_venom's post again ;)
If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers.
<<

riqiv

Pawn

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Re: How to Cancel my Account?

I would like to leave Chesscube, in otherwords NOT pay for renewal this year.

How do I go about canceling my account so my credit card is not charged???

Thank you!
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:25 am

riqiv wrote:I would like to leave Chesscube, in otherwords NOT pay for renewal this year.

How do I go about canceling my account so my credit card is not charged???

Thank you!

Cancelling / deleting an account is about pretty much the same thing users inquire about. First post in this thread explains everything, please re-read it.

If you wish not to log on to chesscube again, simply just stop doing so.

There is no automatic renewal that will recharge your credit card to buy another amount of cubits or crowns.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Sansen wrote:There is no automatic renewal that will recharge your credit card to buy another amount of cubits or crowns.

Right... and furthermore we do not store your financial/purchasing information in any way - so we cannot even do an automated renewal.

We do, however, need to retain other account information for reasons mentioned in this thread.
Next

Return to Beginner's Corner