FAQ

Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

sajid_k wrote:I bought a video of "better in chess" for 5000 cubits (which was all my savings) but now i cannot find it in my inventory....i bought it couple of minutes ago and now its gone pleaasssee help me :(


If you bought the video in the web shop (www.chesscube.com/shop).. then the video will be available to be downloaded through ChessCube Cinema (www.chesscube.com/cinema). If you've rented the video inside ChessCube through the in-app shop, the video will be in your inventory.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

aabkhara

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 86

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Location: Xel Naga

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:28 am

Re: Seeing black page after login

Sansen wrote:...you haven't tried logging into chesscube through Internet explorer. Please give it a try...

I wasn't able to give it a try because, using chrome, I was able to pass through the loading 1% to 100%, and then the "initializing chesscube", when I woke up this morning. It was a miracle, I suppose. No longer stuck at the black page.

What I noticed last night was a new version of chrome (10.0.648.133 or I don't know if it's the same numbers last night). I tried logging in the play/app/ but it was the same problem. I tried clearing the cache, emptying the storage settings of flash player, it did nothing. I restarted my pc, and it's the same black page. So I gave up and tried ranting here again. And then I sleep.

Thanks for the help in giving me ideas to troubleshoot. I was able to play a game today. I'll come back if it's just a temporary elation.
<<

gmcarpio

User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Location: somewhere in the Philippines

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 am

Re: Seeing black page after login

aabkhara wrote:
Sansen wrote:...you haven't tried logging into chesscube through Internet explorer. Please give it a try...

I wasn't able to give it a try because, using chrome, I was able to pass through the loading 1% to 100%, and then the "initializing chesscube", when I woke up this morning. It was a miracle, I suppose. No longer stuck at the black page.

What I noticed last night was a new version of chrome (10.0.648.133 or I don't know if it's the same numbers last night). I tried logging in the play/app/ but it was the same problem. I tried clearing the cache, emptying the storage settings of flash player, it did nothing. I restarted my pc, and it's the same black page. So I gave up and tried ranting here again. And then I sleep.

Thanks for the help in giving me ideas to troubleshoot. I was able to play a game today. I'll come back if it's just a temporary elation.



Is your system date giving you the correct date and time as you start your computer or not? if not, you may have to replace your CMOS battery. The system date has to do something with your problem. When it comes to website certificates, it uses and checks the current system date so if you have invalid date and time, you will not be able or you will have problems in viewing a website, not only ChessCube. This has happened to my friend before and I only replaced her CMOS battery, it solved the problem similar to yours and then she is playing here in ChessCube again.

please let me know...
ultimate chess lover, hobbyist musician and a C-Sharper (C#) (")(o_o)(")
my world : http://jlc86-music.blogspot.com
<<

aabkhara

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 86

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Location: Xel Naga

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Seeing black page after login

gmcarpio wrote:Is your system date giving you the correct date and time as you start your computer or not? if not, you may have to replace your CMOS battery. the system date has to do something with your problem.
Now that you mention it, I did have a problem with my CMOS battery.. (don't know why I'm too lazy to replace it.)
But I can't remember if my system time is showing the exact time when I had the problem. Right now, it's showing the right time. I didn't even change it this morning or last night. It's not even set to automatically synchronize with some website.

As what I stated above, it's a miracle (some solution that I did not create like the update of the chrome or something hidden in my pc) that when I woke up this morning, I can now play CC.

But I'll do that, replace the battery, soon.
<<

bishoplazers

Pawn

Posts: 8

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

Sean wrote:If you're read through the FAQ's and chatted to a Moderator online, and you feel you have a question that you feel may need to be answered by an Admin/Moderator/User, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!
-Sean


Thank you Sean. :)

I see some Chess Cube members profiles don't display a national flag or what country they are from. I'm here to play chess and have fun, not get involved in political debates, etc. How do I turn off the national flag and not list a country? Try as I might, I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)
<<

sajid_k

Pawn

Posts: 2

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

Sean wrote:
sajid_k wrote:I bought a video of "better in chess" for 5000 cubits (which was all my savings) but now i cannot find it in my inventory....i bought it couple of minutes ago and now its gone pleaasssee help me :(


If you bought the video in the web shop (http://www.chesscube.com/shop).. then the video will be available to be downloaded through ChessCube Cinema (http://www.chesscube.com/cinema). If you've rented the video inside ChessCube through the in-app shop, the video will be in your inventory.

Thanks,
-Sean


I bought it from inapp store and it is not in my inventory...that is the whole problem...
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

I see some Chess Cube members profiles don't display a national flag or what country they are from. I'm here to play chess and have fun, not get involved in political debates, etc. How do I turn off the national flag and not list a country? Try as I might, I can't seem to find a way to do this. Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)


The new spec of Player Cards have been coded to always show a country + flag. If privacy/political issues is your concern, you may simply choose a different country altogether in your profile.

Thanks,
Sean
<<

antimacassar

Pawn

Posts: 2

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:38 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

hi! This question has probably been asked before so apologies in advance. Is there anyway to download my games (or just some of them) in .pgn format?
<<

aabkhara

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 86

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Location: Xel Naga

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

antimacassar wrote:... Is there anyway to download my games (or just some of them) in .pgn format?
there is. But what I know is that you have to download it one by one. Go to your game history and click the game you want to download to open it in a new tab. Click the save pgn button.
<<

talives

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:25 am

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 am

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

There used to be a data base of an individuals past played games. It seems to have disappeared off your interface. Has it been discontinued or just moved to some other place on the gui?
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nbvfctredyqma, pasyaerlvy and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.