FAQ

banned game

<<

realty_don

Knight

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: banned game

santiago_hect wrote:
realty_don wrote:Your handle was banned. You may be able to readily return using a different
handle/email address (unless, you are a 'repeat' offender).

Don

sir, how can i retrieve this account? i load this account often.
if im not mistaken, this is my first ban/offense. and now i know what are rules here.
so i promise that i will not do anything that against the rule, and play fair and square.
please consider my request. thank you sir. God bless. :)

On rare occasion a banned handle has been unbanned (you could appeal via [email protected]).

Simpler and much faster to just return using a fresh handle if this were your first offense and it was
not a horrendous enough one to get you banned from creating new accounts. True, you do lose
whatever (cubits, crowns, games, reputation) your earlier account accumulated, but then that's
largely the point of the 'ban' imo: -- to punish for not correctly guessing the rules and how they are
interpreted on this site.

Don

ps. If you do appeal your ban, I urge you to suggest the site publish prominent 'Terms of Use' links here
and in the game playing area, so that others do not fall victim to your experience(s).
<<

debtcollector

Pawn

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 am

Admin;

First of all I want to communicate that I have read a lot about the chesscube policy. I will really appreciate the revision of my account and explain to me why I was banned due to software/cheat using engine when in fact I have been losing both cubits and rating. I'm a 2100+ Fide player that has a simple 1900+ in this website and one that does not progress because I do not put more effort. Then If i decide to get play consistently and seriously I suddenly get banned. I would highly recommend to examine the moves and determine whether those moves comes from a machine. Engines usually play at a rate of at least 2700 consistenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My engine plays at a rate of 2900-3100 depend upon computer's processor. I normally review the very best games in my software ( yes, of course I have a software) after the games fishished, and the analyses always give me different move/recommendation in several positions. So how is possible that I'm using a sofwtare while I'm playing in my moves are different? Moreover, I thought that It was because I was reviewing the game while the chesscube account/web page was open, even thought i was not in the middle of the game, so I stopped that practice and now I review the games only after closing the web browser. Than you for your time . My account ID is "debtcollector"
<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:55 pm

debtcollector wrote:Admin;

First of all I want to communicate that I have read a lot about the chesscube policy. I will really appreciate the revision of my account and explain to me why I was banned due to software/cheat using engine when in fact I have been losing both cubits and rating. I'm a 2100+ Fide player that has a simple 1900+ in this website and one that does not progress because I do not put more effort. Then If i decide to get play consistently and seriously I suddenly get banned. I would highly recommend to examine the moves and determine whether those moves comes from a machine. Engines usually play at a rate of at least 2700 consistenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My engine plays at a rate of 2900-3100 depend upon computer's processor. I normally review the very best games in my software ( yes, of course I have a software) after the games fishished, and the analyses always give me different move/recommendation in several positions. So how is possible that I'm using a sofwtare while I'm playing in my moves are different? Moreover, I thought that It was because I was reviewing the game while the chesscube account/web page was open, even thought i was not in the middle of the game, so I stopped that practice and now I review the games only after closing the web browser. Than you for your time . My account ID is "debtcollector"

Your games were reviewed by a member of the ChessCube Acceptable Use Policy. Many of your games were determined to have been played with the assistance of a computer engine. It does not mean all your games were computer assisted, just that a significant enough number of your games were found to be played with the help of a program.
<<

debtcollector

Pawn

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm

There is no such way of determining with accuracy such statement, and again, unless such games demostrate a consistent level of game considered significant over my standards. Having that as a fact, the root cause reside on the methodology of that evaluations/analyses. Such evaluation cannot be made or it can be if it is biased and therefore not objective. The majority of my games have been played with friends, who have used my account to play themselves many times. Cheating in chess is like drawing dead in a poker hand, nothing good comes out of it since there is no experience obtained. I would really like to know the details, facts, and prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless chesscube admin approach is..." I guess he/she could be cheating, so because i guess that, based on a trend analysis or regression ( the called pattern) ,i will banned this person. Even if chesscube invests in Phd statistician to complete complex regression analyses that involves not only games but also moves!!, the outcome will be an indication with NO proof. ( most common statistic disclosure in practice)
Honestly, I did not cheat!!! And I won't do it, not even for money$$$ Thank you .
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I believe it is the site opinion that counts when a determination of engine use was made. Accepting the site's opinion is part of the terms of use (a mod may or may not be able to help you locate those) that you agreed to upon joining. You or others who disagree with such a policy are always free to leave. The site may be right or wrong in its determination, but that's their privilege and they accept the consequences such as driving away too many noncheating members.

I believe it is site policy not to provide details (for the obvious reasons that it would make it easier to circumvent detection methods, and might even encourage casual readers to dabble in their own cheating efforts).
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

augustin_ro

Pawn

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm

hello admin, I was banned because I transferred cubits but I knew it was forbidden, was a mistake. there any way to recover my account? pls? :doh:
<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 am

augustin_ro wrote:hello admin, I was banned because I transferred cubits but I knew it was forbidden, was a mistake. there any way to recover my account? pls? :doh:

you knew it was forbidden and yet you did it anyway. what did you expect ChessCube was going do to when you cheat, just not do anything???
<<

augustin_ro

Pawn

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17 am

I wanted to write that ''I did not know'' that it is forbidden, sorry for my english.
can I recover my account? plss..
<<

drcheck

King

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 pm

debtcollector wrote:There is no such way of determining with accuracy such statement, and again, unless such games demostrate a consistent level of game considered significant over my standards. Having that as a fact, the root cause reside on the methodology of that evaluations/analyses. Such evaluation cannot be made or it can be if it is biased and therefore not objective. The majority of my games have been played with friends, who have used my account to play themselves many times. Cheating in chess is like drawing dead in a poker hand, nothing good comes out of it since there is no experience obtained. I would really like to know the details, facts, and prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless chesscube admin approach is..." I guess he/she could be cheating, so because i guess that, based on a trend analysis or regression ( the called pattern) ,i will banned this person. Even if chesscube invests in Phd statistician to complete complex regression analyses that involves not only games but also moves!!, the outcome will be an indication with NO proof. ( most common statistic disclosure in practice)
Honestly, I did not cheat!!! And I won't do it, not even for money$$$ Thank you .

First off, you admit that you have allowed your friends to use "my account to play themselves many times" This is a direct violation of the ChessCube Acceptable Use Policy which clearly states: " you cannot have another user play for you or use your username for any purpose;"

Secondly, we do not ban uses based upon a member of the Cheat Investigation Team simply "guess he/she could be cheating, so because I guess that". It is not a guess. Most of the best chess playing site utilize some form of cheat detection, and ban users that have been determined to use engine assistance.

Rules are rules. The ChessCube Acceptable Use Policy is very clear, and you agreed to abide by those rules when you created your account. When you broke those rules, what did you expect ChessCube would do, simply ignore it?? Your broke our rules and appropriate action was taken because of it.
<<

adarsh371

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:49 pm

im new from this game. and i know that my rating is about 1600-1700. we start here in 1400 rating. so i need to fight to earn my rating up. but the chesscube banned me for the reason of under rated player / sandbagger. please consider the fact that i will fight 1st a weaker opponent about 1400 of ratings to earn points to gain my 1600-1700 rating.

and my other concern is, if i lose to a lower rating player. does it mean that im a sandbagger?

maybe i've done something wrong or against the rules. and im really sorry about that.
im just a new player of chess cube.
to the chess cube admin, please
ban my account. please.
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages