Sorry for the typos, here's an edited version in compliance with the feature request template from this post(that i tried to link and could not because the editor identifies it as being an off site URL -> some one should fix that).
And sorry for double posting but i could not find the edit button on my first post.Feature Subject.
1. Display Name
for registered users.
2. Show a Display Name
instead of the username.How it works:
1.Add Display Name
input next to the Name and Surname character input boxes or use the Name and Surname as Display Name
2.After the Display Name
input box has been used, the input will appear to the public instead of the Username.
3.Show a pop-up dialogue ( like the one with announcements ) asking players to pick a Display Name
. I'm also considering that the dialogue could bother players that are playing 10 second games so in order to not sabotage them, the dialogue could be scheduled to appear at the user's next log in or as a notification.
4.In case the idea that a Display Name
input is not necessary because we can already use the name and surname as Display Name
then just show the Name and Surname instead of the Username next to the user's avatar.More information.
- Right now, a user's identity is his username and that is a problem.
- Due to the fact that the username is log in information i believe that it should be hidden from the public for reasons that are obvious but i will write them anyway just so there is no room for interpretation.
- Log in information is what the person uses to access his/her Chesscube account, it must be confidential.
- A better reason for this feature is the fact that Chesscube offers paid services and with this there comes the risk that users can loose real money in addition to their Chesscube account if it is ever hacked or stolen. Both parties, buyer and seller should have it in their best interest to keep the log in information confidential to the public.
- The Username is just as important as the password when it comes to security and because the password being unknown is a way to prevent strangers from accessing an account, an unknown username makes it twice as hard for anyone except the rightful owner to log in the account.