FAQ

ChessCube V6.28 changelog

<<

the_spike

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

A friend of mine on CC posted a comment but it didn't get through censorship because the comments were not liked as there was nothing wrong or profance with the content. Following censirship there are comments that can't be seen and therefore the rank and file are none the wiser. Comments should be freely available to be read regardless of whether the CC management don't like their content. The new Cubitts structure is complicated and not well thought through. As mentioned above getting non VIPs to become VIPs or paid members should be the plan but with so many sandbaggers I personally will not pay until this is better policed. I am interested to see if this gets through Big Brother's censorship.
<<

miniman76

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm

this is bad ! i cannont win cubits because i lose 50 but can only win 10!
<<

drsadeem

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 pm

don't you people want us to play chess? why the hell are you deducting so much cubits?
<<

frankdgambit

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 pm

i wounder whats cc idea with new cut measure to staked games is about i see for 50 cubit game u win back 60 cubits as u can only expect win 50% of games in fair game for 100 games u win 50*60 cubits 3000 cubits but staked 50*100 cubits 5000 staked so lost 2000 cubits, if u win 80% games u win 80 *60 4800 cubits but still staked 5000 , so got win 90% win 90 * 60 win 5400 cost 5000 so profit 400 cubits

i think this is test of stupitity who is stupid enougth to take suckers bet rofl.
<<

herian9

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 pm

This is really disappointing. For the last couple of years, chesscube has been my favourite chess site and I have recommended a number of friends to join. I would have subscribed if the bugs had been fixed. But I need a chess site that I can bring friends onto without needing them to pay for them to enjoy it properly, and chesscube no longer offers that.

You had a really good balance before, offering advantages to paying members but not giving too many restrictions to non-paying members. You should restore the old wager system, and come up with advantages for members that do not destroy the site for non-members. Then make sure you keep the site well-maintained, and watch the new subscriptions roll in! I'll be on some other chess site, waiting...

( I won a game, but lost 5 cubits. When exactly do I get my "cubit prize"? )
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 am

Pay to play, nothing wrong with the concept as a business model. The site started with a hefty (> $1 million dollar) grant, but now must look to getting money coming in. The site's still a free site, if you do not play much (beyond the daily stipend of cubits).

Copy a couple of game URLs (use the share icon) and you'll see the site does about 100,000+ games/day (170,000 this past 24 hrs when I checked, but figure maybe 1/3rd are aborts). If the site's able to get most of those games paid for @ 25 cubits, that's a potential gross income stream of 25 x 100,000/day divide by 5,000 per $5 = $2,500/day (x 365 days/yr = $912,500/yr gross.

Of course, some (half?) of the members will probably end up paying for VIP (cheaper for them, if they play a lot, probably much cheaper if they're on much of the day playing 1/0), and the changeover may be pretty disruptive (not appearing so just now, though -- perhaps members are recognizing the site has a future with an income stream developing). For the first year I'd not count on much more than a gross income before expenses of $500,000/year (from which, rent, salaries and technical servicing needs to be deducted, not to mention loan repayments).
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am

amolvaidya06 wrote:
drcheck wrote:
luismpf wrote:Oh, and probably you noticed, but we cant post a comment freely, it has to pass in censure !?

really? then why can I read your post?

This is silly. Clearly his post passed the moderation process, which is why you can read it.

Edit: Apparently the moderation period has been removed? Or is it only for first-time forum posters?

yes
<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:43 am

the_spike wrote:A friend of mine on CC posted a comment but it didn't get through censorship because the comments were not liked as there was nothing wrong or profance with the content. Following censirship there are comments that can't be seen and therefore the rank and file are none the wiser. Comments should be freely available to be read regardless of whether the CC management don't like their content. The new Cubitts structure is complicated and not well thought through. As mentioned above getting non VIPs to become VIPs or paid members should be the plan but with so many sandbaggers I personally will not pay until this is better policed. I am interested to see if this gets through Big Brother's censorship.

ALL first-time (and few time) posted are automatically placed in the moderation queue. Those comments take a while until they show up here.
<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:46 am

babasaheb wrote:Pay to play, nothing wrong with the concept as a business model. The site started with a hefty (> $1 million dollar) grant, but now must look to getting money coming in. The site's still a free site, if you do not play much (beyond the daily stipend of cubits).

Copy a couple of game URLs (use the share icon) and you'll see the site does about 100,000+ games/day (170,000 this past 24 hrs when I checked, but figure maybe 1/3rd are aborts). If the site's able to get most of those games paid for @ 25 cubits, that's a potential gross income stream of 25 x 100,000/day divide by 5,000 per $5 = $2,500/day (x 365 days/yr = $912,500/yr gross.

Of course, some (half?) of the members will probably end up paying for VIP (cheaper for them, if they play a lot, probably much cheaper if they're on much of the day playing 1/0), and the changeover may be pretty disruptive (not appearing so just now, though -- perhaps members are recognizing the site has a future with an income stream developing). For the first year I'd not count on much more than a gross income before expenses of $500,000/year (from which, rent, salaries and technical servicing needs to be deducted, not to mention loan repayments).

you forgot to subtract out all the FREE cubits we give out each day too!!!
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:06 am

Figure, 1,000 members averaging 50 FREE cubits/day. That's 18,250,000 free cubits/year. (well, there's tourney winnings but to be candid, the site's pretty meticulous at making sure it gets at least 20% more in entry fees than it pays out, but then the free tourneys offset that, so I think a fair guess is the tourneys are a breakeven proposition)

versus my example, which involves 912,500,000 cubits/year. While the FREE cubits are greasing the wheels they represent only 20% of the incoming cubits. True, they deserved mention.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News