FAQ

ChessCube V6.28 changelog

<<

chefr

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:21 am

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

When my cubits run dry I'm leaving this site. I've got nearly 2,000 games played on here (nearly all 5/0 games), and love the interface of this website way above anyone else's. It makes chess feel state-of-the-art.

However. Despite getting to level 100 a day before this change, and being some type of VIP at the moment, I'm absolutely bleeding cubits now. I had a steady amount of about 3,100 for the past year because I don't wager cubits. Heck, I never had an incentive to spend them other than to get in tournaments.

But after 1.5 days of this, I've lost nearly 600 cubits somehow. About 1/3rd of the time I search for a game, they give me the same opponent in two separate games, so I always have to close one. Something makes me think since I'm "aborting" one of them (despite it clearly being a glitch), it's costing me extra cubits. I could be mistaken, so please correct if wrong.

Anyways. Why on Earth would I pay for chess on this website? Chess,com is much quicker at finding a game, and at the end of the day, it's CHESS. Whether it's ICC, Chess,com, or CC, you're playing the same game. I don't even care if it's a couple bucks, I will simply go elsewhere.

My playing range is anyone 10/20 points below me to 500 points above me. I only want to play people better than me, so for people like me, we're getting wiped out on cubits. Once all of the 'standard, non-VIP' members stop coming, who are the remaining VIP supposed to play? This will only drive down traffic.

The solution is simple.
- Get rid of cubits. Besides, this is called ChessCube, not ChessCubits
- Let non-paying users play as many games as they want every day
- Give great incentives for becoming VIP, such as actual, advanced game stats and analysis and/or easier access to tournaments
- Watch as more people join the site when they can play unlimited chess for free
- Watch as an overall increase in site traffic drives up the number of paying, VIP users
- Feel good about enticing people to go VIP on the merits of your content
<<

abussalah

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am

it is great,it will benefit all the level players,expecting more&more bonus . :dance: :dance: [img][/img]
<<

moshest

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:34 am

Hi,

Those new regulations are still not clear. I am a "Honorary" 3 month VIP due to Level.
Played several games and noticed that inspite of winning the games I am loosing cubics.

Whats the logic?

Can anyone explain?

thanks

:( :(
<<

utkarsh1

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 am

It had to happen only when my VIP membership expired.. :(
<<

squaccolo

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 am

I don't like this new cubits policy too. I have been playing on this site for a couple of years, it was one of my favorite
chess-site, but lately i'm always run out of cubits. I don't want to become a VIP member, but it's becoming really hard
to play for free on this site. It's true they give you up 25 + 50 cubits for day, but the only way not to lose cubits
is to play a minimal 50 cubits game (that just permit you to win 10 cubits...).
after a couple of 15 cubits games, or a couple of bad games you lose all cubits...and you have to wait for a new day...

It's a frustrating policy for a new member too, it pushes you to play higher cubits games, so you risk more and win less...
Surely it helps and ecourages the VIP members, but as i already said i don't want to become a VIP member...so I think
i am gonna try some new chess-site where i can play without being obsessed by my cubit remaining.
<<

mahen

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm

convert cubits into amount too :-d
<<

georgebush

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:12 pm

maybe vips could have tournaments with a rating cut off, e.g. tournaments for 1200-1500; 1500-1800; 1800-2100, etc. the tournaments are flooded with strong players at the moment, i presume to avoid losing cubits playing regular games. Maybe this would be a good incentive to become a vip?
anyway, thanks for your great site, chesscube.
<<

naneto

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm

One system or new update has to be valued for the members of the site mostly, not to the administration. Charging players with the new cubit system will lead to no good. Many players will bail the site for just running out of cubits or sick of buying one. Buying VIP doesn't have to be the only solution as Chesscube is considered as a free site still. I have read almost all the comments in this topic and can say that some of the complains and suggestions are good . If the future of the site is to be paid, so lots of good players I know will not be playing in here anymore. I think the administration has to take people's suggestions in here under serious consideration.
<<

misa2000

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:24 pm

disaster :doh:
<<

saba13

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

its worth method for general members.chess cube is only doing favour to vip members (6) (6) (6) (6) (6) (6) (6) (6) (6)
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News