FAQ

ChessCube V6.28 changelog

<<

jake45

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

Chefr, you put it all so well....

I feel just the same way. I was a reliable source of income for ChessCube, albeit a small one, because I only really want to play with opponents who are better than I am. So I was always bleeding cubits slowly. (Which was fine.) But these changes are absurd. And to not honor the free VIP memberships they've given out for number of games played is just wrong, maybe even illegal, since they made no distinction when they offered them.

The system won't even let me spend my 270 crowns on VIP any more! And I bought those crowns--didn't win them--it's like stealing not to honor them.

I will hoard my remaining stash of cubits, and when are gone, so am I. The "crowns" are clearly just useless now, so I'm not sure what I'll do with those.

Thanks for the especially cogent and well thought out post.

Jake
<<

r1d3rrr

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm

I just started liking this site and i actually came from chess . com. Reading the change log made me wanna switch back. There is no way I play here if you charge for a game
<<

cuchurris

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 pm

I quit from online chess many time ago and recently I took it back here in chesscube.
I was these last days playing many games here and of course I have already lost the cubits I had won. i don't want them for anything but what else than playing?
Being titled player I have some free accounts in other sites I am not using, but it looks I will have to use them again...
<<

ChRoNalDo

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 pm

i didnt liked new cubit system... im on this site from 26 dec 2008.... and when i joined cc everythin was for free and it was pretty awesome... and now?? what the hell man what is our fault? we r normal users is it our fault that we cant pay u for playin chess on ur site? im only gettin 10 cubits for winning the 50 cubit game what is this? from yesterday i won my 90% games but still my cubit balance is very low ... what a shame !
Dont Hate Me , Coz i m PuNjaBi,
Hate ME , Coz U R NOT...
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, I think 25 cubits is the best price to pay for games (not 50), since we've dropped the wagering aspect and replaced it with prizes (along with the site taking a bigger share).

If you play very little, or mostly free tournaments, you'll find the site's free cubits will suffice. If you play weak enough players that you're winning 4 out of 5 games (aka "bunnysniping"), you ought to break even and could play indefinitely.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

ChRoNalDo

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

im playin with 2300-2400+ players!
Dont Hate Me , Coz i m PuNjaBi,
Hate ME , Coz U R NOT...
<<

zooincle

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Everybody free should play 200 cubits games now and everything will work almost as before...
<<

greypaladin

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:59 am

I understand that eventually you have to make money, but this is ridiculous. In the past I could count on slowly increasing my number of cubits simply by winning more games than I lost. Now losing cubits is guaranteed.

I've got 100k cubits, so I could keep playing for a while, but I just hate the feeling of being nickled and dimed.

I'll check back in occasionally to see if you figure out a system that doesn't feel so complicated and insulting (and get tournaments that don't have such an obscene rake). I suggest you do it soon, since I suspect you'll fall below the critical mass of players in a matter of weeks.
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am

good but not that good :(.
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
<<