FAQ

ChessCube V6.28 changelog

<<

rooker666

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

I need to buy cubits or vip membership but when I go to the page and click on the payment option nothing happens. Have enquired about this to cheescube support and did not recieve reply.
<<

mrbarth

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

amolvaidya06 wrote:I understand the desire to want to generate revenue from the site. However, I don't respond well when I feel like I'm being goaded into becoming a paying member through negative reinforcement, which is what the new release feels like. I suspect there are many others who will feel the same way. Positive encouragement, or a simple, visible request for more VIP members would have converted me. Hell, as much as I've played here I would even donate if asked. This update will probably send me back to FICS.

Just my two cents.


I feel the same way, I am also ready to donate if needed. But not with so convoluted system like this. Before was OK, very good, simple, easy and balanced. I do not understand so complicated now. I also agree now is a negative encouragement. With positive encouragement I will be much more receptive. If is a money question, there must be ways to integrate non VIP'S
<<

guramata

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

how can I watch stream video?
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Posts: 175

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 am

Location: top secret (somewhere in Canada)

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

zooincle wrote:Everybody free should play 200 cubits games now and everything will work almost as before...


How so? Example of why that is not so: Assume one win, one loss. That costs you 200 + 200 and gains a prize of 160. Net result, the site gets (200 + 200 - 160) = 240 cubits from you (and, 240 cubits from your opponent). The two games average a cost to you of 120 cubits per game. (plus or minus a tiny adjustment for having white or black during loss or win).

1,000 such games cost you 120,000 cubits

I still say, 25 cubit games are the best deal under these circumstances. As that costs you: 25 + 25 - 20 (prize) = 30 cubits / two games or 15 cubits/game (plus/minus the white/black adjustment), averaging per 1,000 games a cost of 15,000 cubits (imo, that's less than 120,000 cubits).

Now, if you rely on the site's 100 cubits/day FREE cubits to maintain your cubit balance, that means you could be playing those 1,000 games over 150 days (6-7 games per day) and breakeven (plus of course, enjoy playing in the site's free tourneys).
.
.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Posts: 175

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 am

Location: top secret (somewhere in Canada)

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

babasaheb wrote:
zooincle wrote:Everybody free should play 200 cubits games now and everything will work almost as before...


How so? Example of why that is not so: Assume one win, one loss. That costs you 200 + 200 and gains a prize of 160. .


Oops! not 160 but 360 is the prize (was that my eyesight, or did the terms change since I posted?). Which means 200 + 200 - 360 = 40 cubits to the site for 2 games, which is an average cost of 20 cubits/game (plus or minus the white/black adjustment). Which is sounding only 33% more than paying 25 cubits for a game (with the average cost of 15 cubits/game).

But, if you're confident you'll win much more often then you'll lose (eg. you're bunnysniping and playing lower rated players), then yes, the higher price scheme makes sense enough. Except that the higher the wager, the more likely you'll get taken by "sandbaggers" :-d

All in all, I stand by my recommendation that 25 cubit games are the best value now (and lowest risk).
.
.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

yekidige

Queen

Posts: 611

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 am

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

nice update :dance:
<<

yekidige

Queen

Posts: 611

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 am

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

strict new cubit system :-|
<<

beleno

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

im glad for this changes. I have reason to QUIT CHESSCUBE!
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Posts: 175

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 am

Location: top secret (somewhere in Canada)

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

babasaheb wrote:
All in all, I stand by my recommendation that 25 cubit games are the best value now (and lowest risk).


I disagree with myself now, after more thoroughly testing it: 200 cubit games do make more sense if you're modestly bunnysniping so that you're winning more than 3 out of 5 games (which overcomes the site's share and nets you a respectable gain in total cubits).

eg. (ignoring the white/black business, draws remain 'no change' to cubits): 5 games, win 3 lose 2

200 x 5 (entry fees) - 3 x 360 cubits as prizes = 1,000 - 1,080 = - 80 or a net gain to you of 80 cubits.

The site's share from both opponents is: 2 x ( 200 x 5) - 1 x (360 x 5) = 2,000 - 1,800 = 200 cubits / 5 games or 40 cubits/game. Which for non-VIP, seems to be the site's share per game up to and including the 200 cubit game level (site's share per game gets bigger beyond that level).

At 100,000 games/day (to confirm this figure, share/copy the URL from games on different dates to calculate the site's game volume, guess at 1/3rd as the number of aborts), that's: 40 x 100,000 = 4,000,000 cubits/day (1.46 Billion cubits/year), less perhaps 20% of those as FREE cubits, netting the site: 1.168 Billion cubits per year. Figuring the usual cost of cubits being $5 per 5,000 ($0.001 per cubit), that will be: $1,168,000 dollars/year.

However, customers can choose VIP membership to defray their costs (somewhat, I don't think they actually save all that much unless they're sticking with 15 cubit (free) games). Only time will tell what the impact of that aspect will be.
.
.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

drakpete

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

I have free VIP because of rating and player level.
But I am charged 25 cubits for a 25 cubits wager game instead of the 10 I expect with the 15 cubit discount that is advertised for VIP.
Is this a bug or by design?
Even when I win it costs me 5 or 6 cubits per game.
Can't see me playing many more wager games here, I'd be better off on playchess
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nadoetege and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.