FAQ

ChessCube V6.28 changelog

<<

chefr

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 am

Re: ChessCube V6.28 changelog

babasaheb wrote:What counts is results. When viewing any game in your history, there is a 'share' icon and you can choose to add the URL to your PC's clipboard/memory/whatever, for pasting into your browser's address link, to view/replay the game.

Note, the number of the URL reflects which site game this is, I'm confident they're assigned in sequence.

eg. just now, I finished a game (& opponent) at: http://www.chesscube.com/play/app/?open ... =241232929

similarly, about 24 hours ago, same thing, at: http://www.chesscube.com/play/app/?open ... =241068506

subtract the two numbers in the URLs and you get: 164,423 games in 24 hours

Now, I think some (1/3rd?) are aborts yet get assigned a game number. So, that means about 2/3rds of those or 109,500 games were played on this site in the past twenty-four hours.

I'm not seeing a mass exodus, here. Are you?

this makes ZERO sense for several reasons. Firstly, what are you comparing it to? You're not comparing it to a day from the past.

You would essentially need to find out how many games are played everyday for a full week. Then compare it to the same averages from multiple months in the past. Not to mention, the amount of 1-minute games and tournaments could vastly change the game total from day-to-day.

This new "update" IS bleeding people of Cubits. Sure, there are free Cubits given out, and if you want to devalue the PURPOSE of chess, and rig your games so you bet high amounts against weak opponents, then SURE, maybe you can do that. But let this take effect longer. Give it another month or so and tell me if your daily game amounts are going up or down. I guarantee you the trend will be FEWER games played.

The end product is that they're forcing people to get VIP if they want to stick around. If there was really great quality perks to being a VIP, then maybe I'd be interested. But I, and I'm sure most others, come here to play CHESS. That's kind of the reason we're all here isn't it?

Take away that and you're dooming yourself
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 am

chefr wrote:
babasaheb wrote:What counts is results. When viewing any game in your history, there is a 'share' icon and you can choose to add the URL to your PC's clipboard/memory/whatever, for pasting into your browser's address link, to view/replay the game.

Note, the number of the URL reflects which site game this is, I'm confident they're assigned in sequence.

eg. just now, I finished a game (& opponent) at: http://www.chesscube.com/play/app/?open ... =241232929

similarly, about 24 hours ago, same thing, at: http://www.chesscube.com/play/app/?open ... =241068506

subtract the two numbers in the URLs and you get: 164,423 games in 24 hours

Now, I think some (1/3rd?) are aborts yet get assigned a game number. So, that means about 2/3rds of those or 109,500 games were played on this site in the past twenty-four hours.

I'm not seeing a mass exodus, here. Are you?

this makes ZERO sense for several reasons. Firstly, what are you comparing it to? You're not comparing it to a day from the past.

You would essentially need to find out how many games are played everyday for a full week. Then compare it to the same averages from multiple months in the past. Not to mention, the amount of 1-minute games and tournaments could vastly change the game total from day-to-day.

Which, is precisely the point of my 'reality check' Average Daily Site Games topic: http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5041 along with showing members how to arrive at and check such figures out by themselves. Since I do not readily know the ratio of aborts at any moment in time, I'm assuming those are not a large influence on the daily, weekly and monthly figures.

Another topic of mine, the 'Get Site Games' link, http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5000 allows anyone who's curious (and a VIP as that link is intended for VIPs) to see the precise character of all of any particular day's games.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

jaredchess88

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:04 am

I won't be able to play with these new changes... I can only play up to 10 games per day, if I win every single one of them, and only two games if I lose both... :( That is lame. I'm off to find a better site
<<

w_liam

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 am

25% drop in games for the last statistical period.

This statistic is good to work out for the lay person how many games are played on the server but its not the one that really matters.

The amount of games is over 1, 24hr period and does not take into account the numbers of users on Chesscube at any one time. I understand that these numbers drop rapidly from 3000 to 1500 users between 11.00PM - 9.00am GMT

This is the figure you really need to watch.

When people cannot find a game they will simply move to another place, VIP included.

This 'hole' in users gradually empties chess servers because it gets wider and deeper because of less games to play.

No point in the current VIP members applauding this system because if the majority clear off from this site who are you going to play?

With a 25% drop in games played, in just the first week of introducing this new system, next weeks figures are going to be interesting.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 am

jaredchess88 wrote:I won't be able to play with these new changes... I can only play up to 10 games per day, if I win every single one of them, and only two games if I lose both... :( That is lame. I'm off to find a better site

You now need to budget at first (build up a modest reserve), and develop habits of thrift in order to play as many games per day as you like for free.

Visit my topic about managing your cubits at: http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5068

I've been playing 200 cubits/game and have played some 250 games (mostly 3/0 & 2/0) and gained about 10,000 cubits to add this past ten days or so to my cubits' balance. How? By winning most of my games (through playing weaker players much of the time because if I'd won merely half and lost half of my 200 cubit games for 250 games, I'd of lost 4,500 cubits). My present 'stats' (including the pre-changeover, and I'd been playing 20 & 50 cubit games earlier, but that's too wasteful a game price level now) are:

White 67% wins 30% losses 3% draws, and Black 65% wins 30% losses 5% draws. I'd estimate though for the past week or so, my win ratio's been more like 80%+ (hence the rapid growth in my cubits' balance). Now, if I played mostly stronger players, the ratios would be reversed, my cubits' balance would plummet and I would soon run out of cubits.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

vin0_24

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:51 am

hi sean! i want to know why they banned my accounts..... pls unban my accounts...moderator said we are not allowed to have more accounts... i have only 4 & they banned them all.... i read you policy regarding on cheating and i am 100% sure i didnt violate any rules...i am not sandbagging you can check my game history...

thank you & i hope my accounts wil unban soon - vino_24, lee_yeon_sung & i_am_strong
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:56 pm

vin0_24 wrote:hi sean! i want to know why they banned my accounts..... pls unban my accounts...moderator said we are not allowed to have more accounts... i have only 4 & they banned them all.... i read you policy regarding on cheating and i am 100% sure i didnt violate any rules...i am not sandbagging you can check my game history...

thank you & i hope my accounts wil unban soon - vino_24, lee_yeon_sung & i_am_strong

I'm certainly not Sean, but as a regular member even I can readily see that you've been sandbagging (creating new accounts, playing high wagered games while your new account's still at a low rating level that's some 500 or more rating points lower then your correct strength). Email [email protected] to appeal, is my suggestion.

The site expectation of strong players returning with new accounts, is that they behave modestly and either play rated unwagered games (at currently 15 cubits/game) or wager only small amounts (certainly not 500, 1,000 cubits or higher) until their rating has arrived at their normal playing strength. And to refrain from playing in tourneys for which they know full well they're overqualified.

<<

drcheck

King

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 am

vin0_24 wrote:hi sean! i want to know why they banned my accounts..... pls unban my accounts...moderator said we are not allowed to have more accounts... i have only 4 & they banned them all.... i read you policy regarding on cheating and i am 100% sure i didnt violate any rules...i am not sandbagging you can check my game history...

you created those new accounts to re-start your rating at 1500, when you are really a 2000+ rated player. Then you play high wager games as a low rated player, unfairly allowing our paying customers believe they are playing a 1500 rated player and have a fair game. Instead they are playing a 2000+ rated player who is masquerading as a 1500, to unfairly accumulate their cubits. That is that same as sandbagging your rating down to 1500.
<<

shabatshalom

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi folks, hi admins!

I, as a relatively new member to this site (and I still love the interface!) want to share my experiences with the new Cubit system.
I almost exclusively play one minute tournaments, there my tournament rating varies between 2250 and 2500, but mostly between 2300 an 2400. So I am one of the "stronger" players on this site, winning some tournaments! With the old Cubit system my Cubit stack was growing slowly but steadily. Now its quite difficult to gain more Cubits as the tournaments are flooded by other very strong non-VIP-players, desperately trying to survive, as playing standard games is lowering even their Cubit stack because of the incredibly high rake!
That's a very negative stimulation, if you can't any longer play simply for fun!

And that leads to my main point: As is becoming difficult for "stronger" players like me (or even stronger ones), how deeply frustrating has it to be for "weaker" players, who just wish to play some nice games of chess and pay for a lecture here or there. They will simply leave, once run out of Cubits...as you can already see...

Negative stimulation never works if people have got alternatives (and there is a bunch of other good chess sites out there).
I am sorry, but this seems to be a very bad marketing strategy!

And I write all this, because I really like this site very much! And I dont want to vanis it because of steadily decreasing user numbers!!
<<

saikiran1651

Bishop

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:53 pm

coool changes very goodfor vip members...vips will rock
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News