FAQ

banned for cheating

<<

drcheck

King

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: banned for cheating

ahmed_yas wrote:i have been banned and the reason is cheating under rated player sandbagger what i have to do please help me

you need to admit that you were cheating, and agree not to do it again, so that you can be allowed to have another account.
<<

tdimcheva

Pawn

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Hello,i have been banned for cheating and i did not do that.... yesterday i was able to play,today i'm banned. Please help. I have been playing here for 4 years now.....
<<

drcheck

King

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 pm

tdimcheva wrote:Hello,i have been banned for cheating and i did not do that.... yesterday i was able to play,today i'm banned. Please help. I have been playing here for 4 years now.....

you haven't been cheating??

Really??

Yes, you have been here a very long time. In fact you have playing standard 3455 games here.

The problem is that out of the 3455 games you have played here, you have play white in 3449 of them and black only 6 times. That is unfair. The system randomly assigns all players either white or black at the start of the game. You have chosen to manipulate our system, by only accepting the games where you get to move first.

That is cheating.

That is why your account was banned.

ChessCube believes in offering fair play to all our users and those players that try to manipulate our system to give themselves and advantage, or for any reason, are banned. This rule is clearly posted in the ChessCube Acceptable Use Policy.
<<

tdimcheva

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

I'm sorry i didn't know that. I think i have the option to choose between white or black.... I didn't know that was considered as cheating. Is there any chance i could be unbanned? I love chesscube,i would like to play again
<<

drcheck

King

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

tdimcheva wrote:I'm sorry i didn't know that. I think i have the option to choose between white or black.... I didn't know that was considered as cheating. Is there any chance i could be unbanned? I love chesscube,i would like to play again

yes, we used to offer the option that allowed users to select whether they wanted the white or black. But many, many users abused this feature, so we actually were forced to remove it, because of the abuse of those users was making game selection unfair.

Even after removing that feature, many users were still trying to take advantage by aborting games when they were given the black pieces. Even though this made it more difficult for them to gain an unfair advantage, some users were still so abscessed with cheating with complete disregard to the fairness of gaming that they still continue their cheating ways.

Some users simply will do anything to gain an unfair advantage and cheat. They believe that if the system will allow them to always get an unfair advantage over their opponent, they will take it and do not care about fairness for everyone. That is cheating. Those are the users we ban.

You cheated. You got banned.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:42 pm

It's certainly annoying when opponents habitually abort when faced with having to play black, and then offer rematch, knowing they'll then get white.

But we do always have the choice of ignoring a rematch request. And, if everyone paid attention and chose to do that, there would be zero cheating resulting from colour preference.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

tdimcheva

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

I understand what you are saying,but this does not answer my question. I also undestand that if everyone wants to play with white,there won't be any games. My question again is - can I be unbanned or not?
<<

drcheck

King

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm

tdimcheva wrote:I understand what you are saying,but this does not answer my question. I also undestand that if everyone wants to play with white,there won't be any games. My question again is - can I be unbanned or not?

we will allow you to create a new account, start over and play fairly this time (also please closely review the ChessCube Acceptable Use Policy)
<<

pablodiablo

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 pm

why was i banned for cheating when i didnt cheat?
i beat a 2502 player called nocheatingkid or sumn like thatn hejus automatically assumed i cheated?? and reported me?? thats rubbishh..ive beat other 2500+ players before..i honestly dont know why u would ban me on that basis
<<

drcheck

King

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 am

pablodiablo wrote:why was i banned for cheating when i didnt cheat?
i beat a 2502 player called nocheatingkid or sumn like thatn hejus automatically assumed i cheated?? and reported me?? thats rubbishh..ive beat other 2500+ players before..i honestly dont know why u would ban me on that basis

1) you do not get banned for ONE game

2) you do not get banned just because someone reports you

3) when we receive a report, we investigate and research many games from your game history. If we detect that you are using engine assistance in several games, then we have no choice but to ban your account for cheating.
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages