FAQ

ChessCube V6.29 Changelog

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm

ChessCube V6.29 Changelog

Hi Cubers..

Here's the change log for ChessCube V6.29.

Technical fixes and UI clean-ups from V6.28:
* Removed "Add From Facebook" button in the "Friends" menu
* Removed the ability to copy the game PGN until the game has ended
* Fixed the "(Excluding 15 Cubit VIP" seek graph label
* VIP's can now play any Cubit Prize game, regardless of their XP/Level (provided they have enough Cubits)
* Non-VIP's below level 30 are now limited to playing a maximum of 100 Cubits in a prize game

Changes to XP rewards when playing a game:
All games now award 15 XP - however there are additional bonus XP for higher time controls..
Note: VIP's will receive a 25 XP bonus in addition to the total XP above when playing a rating game.

Thanks,
-Sean

Sean on Facebook | ChessCube on Facebook | ChessCube on Instagram
<<

reso71

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.29 Changelog

This is really, really good idea. I congratulate you. :clap:

I will be with you forever. :dance:

I am waiting your new good changes. :angel1:
<<

allbannedacc

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't think V6.28 and V6.29 is a good idea...

Begginers will lose their cubits quite quickly, and will be force to stop playing, or pay to play. also, I think there will be a huge amount of people re-registering when they lose their cubits.

Also, people will join tournaments just to get the cubits, which inturn will ruin tournements,because there will be a bunch of inactive players not-playing each other.

So you'll have alot of inactive accounts whose information will be kept on the servers.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm

allbannedacc wrote:I don't think V6.28 and V6.29 is a good idea...

Begginers will lose their cubits quite quickly, and will be force to stop playing, or pay to play. also, I think there will be a huge amount of people re-registering when they lose their cubits.

Also, people will join tournaments just to get the cubits, which inturn will ruin tournements,because there will be a bunch of inactive players not-playing each other.

So you'll have alot of inactive accounts whose information will be kept on the servers.

Beginners gain cubits quickly too (rapid escalation of XP level generates lots of cubits, XP level increases slow down for more experienced players). If newcomers show some moderation in their playing and spending habits, I'm confident they'll do well.

At level 24, you're almost at XP level 30, where you'll be allowed to choose 200 cubit games (the best deal at the moment, see my topic: http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5068 ).
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

allbannedacc

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:27 pm

dear babasaheb

i dont think i can afford to play games to increase my level ....
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm

allbannedacc wrote:dear babasaheb

If you were only increasing cubits as much as possible (& XP level), you would login in daily and play one rated game per day (costs 15 cubits and btw, the 25 & 50 cubit price games are really bad value here, now). And join a free or 5 cubit tourney [if it's a rated game tourney, that satisfies the rated game daily bonus requirement too, I believe). At 120 free cubits/day, you'd net 105 to 115 cubits/day (plus any XP level increase bonus], in merely two weeks at that pace, you'd have at least 1,470 to 1,610 cubits (while more is better, that's sufficient imo to carefully follow my suggestions at http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5068, to build up tens of thousands of cubits, once your XP level reaches 30).

Or, you could take longer, play more games per day. Or, not try, and simply use up all your cubits each day playing games.

I suppose my main point here is, I see you've been playing 25 & 50 cubit games (15 cubit games would have been somewhat less wasteful), and 25 / 50 cubit games will cost you on average about 20,000 cubits per thousand games if you're winning about as many as you're losing. So, you can either BUY cubits to support that playing style, or, slowly wait for the site's daily free cubits to support that. IF you won about 90% of your games (eg. by playing only much weaker players), I suppose that might work o.k. with 50 cubit games to build your cubits balance as you do gain 10 cubits with each win while losing 50 with each loss (plus or minus a trivial black/white adjustment). But it certainly won't work with 25 cubit games no matter how many you win as you do not even when winning get your game price back (you'd do much better choosing 15 cubit games, as those are cheaper in the long run).

Once you've the budget (accumulated cubits) and XP 30 level, you can choose 200 cubit games (way better payoff, of 360 or 378 cubits per win vs 200 cubits to play) so you need only win somewhat more of those than you lose, to accumulate a healthy net gain in (details fully explained in my topic's link), and, play as many games here as you like for free.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

allbannedacc

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

babasaheb wrote:
allbannedacc wrote:dear babasaheb

If you were only increasing cubits as much as possible (& XP level), you would login in daily and play one rated game per day (costs 15 cubits and btw, the 25 & 50 cubit price games are really bad value here, now). And join a free or 5 cubit tourney [if it's a rated game tourney, that satisfies the rated game daily bonus requirement too, I believe). At 120 free cubits/day, you'd net 105 to 115 cubits/day (plus any XP level increase bonus], in merely two weeks at that pace, you'd have at least 1,470 to 1,610 cubits (while more is better, that's sufficient imo to carefully follow my suggestions at http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5068, to build up tens of thousands of cubits, once your XP level reaches 30).

Or, you could take longer, play more games per day. Or, not try, and simply use up all your cubits each day playing games.

I suppose my main point here is, I see you've been playing 25 & 50 cubit games (15 cubit games would have been somewhat less wasteful), and 25 / 50 cubit games will cost you on average about 20,000 cubits per thousand games if you're winning about as many as you're losing. So, you can either BUY cubits to support that playing style, or, slowly wait for the site's daily free cubits to support that. IF you won about 90% of your games (eg. by playing only much weaker players), I suppose that might work o.k. with 50 cubit games to build your cubits balance as you do gain 10 cubits with each win while losing 50 with each loss (plus or minus a trivial black/white adjustment). But it certainly won't work with 25 cubit games no matter how many you win as you do not even when winning get your game price back (you'd do much better choosing 15 cubit games, as those are cheaper in the long run).

Once you've the budget (accumulated cubits) and XP 30 level, you can choose 200 cubit games (way better payoff, of 360 or 378 cubits per win vs 200 cubits to play) so you need only win somewhat more of those than you lose, to accumulate a healthy net gain in (details fully explained in my topic's link), and, play as many games here as you like for free.

it is always easier said than done.
<<

dennyhan

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 pm

I don't agree with babasaheb either. :snooty: I think in Chesscube people with VIP are served as kings, while us "underdogs" are restricted a lot. For one, i disagree with the new "discount" rule. People with VIP will only lose a bit of cubits while the normals will sprial down to 0. It is unfair for the non-VIPs. Also, VIPs not only get 25XP more, but do they get double that! They can reach the XP VIP extensions faster, and thus extending their thone time. The underdogs has to spend a lot of time at Chesscube to reach 100Lv. I have been in Chesscube for about 3 years now, but i still am 85Lv. Also, i disagree with the VIP's tournaments. They must be open for everyone, not for only the kings. And about the low cubit thing, i do enter tournament just for the daily bonuses myself, and probably for nearly all the Non VIPs as well. I even changed my account once, too. I also disagree with the game price too. I won with white as a non VIP, and guess what i got? -4 cubits. This is definately not a reward. It is like going up to a begger and taking his money. I say that Chesscube must be for chess, not money, and the VIPs. It must be a site of freedom to play chess, not for the higher people. Wasn't it for freedom to start off with? Did Chesscube grew greed? :angelic-red: If Chesscube is not fair, I have been betrayed by my most-trusted website
<<

kleidokratwr

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Some of us had only 300-500 cubits sufficiently enough for the previous style you mentioned (playing 20cubs per game) so playing games over 50 is suicidal if the rate is ~50%. Playing with weak opponents has no fun (and to my elo position even has no sufficient players) to play. So I think many people will abandon cc or make new accounts (the reinstall effect in shareware) because playing 1-2 or 3 games and trying to earn cubits/crowns or xp level isn't the reason we play (some if us) chess. In my opinion players with VIP status should have more privileges than the rest of us not making us harder to play just to make vip users that are worth paying (the new bonuses for vips are 'small' compared to what you could have give, like free lessons, free year long championship, free other chess formats, free training grounds and sandbox, free usermade forums for the vip vips:)). I assume the problem is economic so I won't insist, but to say that playing in here for free is sustainable is somewhat exaggeration.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm

kleidokratwr wrote:.... Playing with weak opponents has no fun (and to my elo position even has no sufficient players) to play. .... to say that playing in here for free is sustainable is somewhat exaggeration.

Well, to my view, playing 200 cubit games is best (good payoff when you win, at 360 or 378 cubits, ignore the official forum chart on that level for now), and the 25, 50 and 100 cubit games are a disaster that will eat away at your cubits balance (technically if you win enough 50 & 100 cubit games you could actually do better than break even but it would be very HARD unless your opponents were always much weaker).

Sorry, but if you want to gain cubits rapidly, playing weaker opponents at times is the way to go. You won't lose on elo level, indeed, those opponents in the 1450-1650 range are the most dangerous (to your elo level, to your cubits balance) because they're the most likely to be under rated (newcomers "on their way up in rating strength" start at 1500, may lose a few games at first as they get used to the site so be at 1450 or so yet ultimnately their rating may soar to over 1800 or even over 2000 -- I "bunnysnipe", so I know what I'm talking about, as I encounter those with no small amount of frequency -- eg. I came across four different ones in a row just earlier this week that I lost to and my rating's 2000). I urge that your tactic could best be to play opponents 200 or more rating points weaker than your 1450 or so present rating.

I gained more than 25,000 cubits these past two weeks using just that approach, with 200 cubit games and now have about 55,000 cubits. You could do this for awhile until you've lots of cubits, then challenge equal or stronger players and use up some of your cubits' savings (add a bunch of worthy opponents to your friends' list, so you've some that are handy to challenge and you've already checked out a bit or played earlier so are less risky than total strangers to play). And of course, the site has lots of tourneys (some free, some merely 5 or 25 cubits), and those events are where you could focus your efforts on playing really tough games. Do what ya gotta do.

Next

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News