FAQ

Warning - Don't switch between programs

<<

amcharg

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 am

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Warning - Don't switch between programs

I was playing a game a short while ago and got a few warnings to stop switching between programs whilst playing. What's this all about? I was playing Poker at the same time as playing Chess. If this is an anti-cheating idea then it's a bad one! It's my computer and if I want to do other things whilst playing Chess then I will.

It's a terrible shame if it has come to this to stop people cheating. Where is the resolve to irradicate cheats the conventional way?
<<

knightattack

Queen

Posts: 933

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

Location: Help room & help beginner Room

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 am

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

Hi amcahrg,

yeah that's true that if you switch any other tab during playing on the chesscube you get warning from the server. that's all things to stop cheating.it's really a good step from chesscube admin,that helps to prevent cheating ,because everyday server detect many cheaters.


Q.What does ChessCube consider cheating?
A. Basically playing chess and getting assistance from anywhere else.

Specifically:

* Using chess software of any kind - including playing engines or reference databases - to assist you during your games
* Getting assistance from any person, book or other reference material or source during game-play
* Having another user play for you or use your username for any purpose
* Using any software, or exploit any system feature or bug that in any way interferes with normal game-play in order to give yourself a time, positional or other advantage
* Assisting yourself by playing against yourself for whatever reason, including to boost your own rating
* Assisting others by deliberately losing for whatever reason, including to boost their rating.

Additionally, if you use other applications (for example, chess software, messaging programs, browsers, and email clients) excessively during your games you may be warned and then forced to resign the game. We cannot tell if you are getting assistance from these applications (e.g. receiving moves from a chess engine, a friend is sending you moves or you are browsing through an opening database), so we limit how often you can interact with non-ChessCube software.


For more detail about cheat stoping check the below LINK...

http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
<<

whitetyson

Queen

Posts: 538

Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 am

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

amcharg wrote:I was playing a game a short while ago and got a few warnings to stop switching between programs whilst playing. What's this all about? I was playing Poker at the same time as playing Chess. If this is an anti-cheating idea then it's a bad one! It's my computer and if I want to do other things whilst playing Chess then I will.

It's a terrible shame if it has come to this to stop people cheating. Where is the resolve to irradicate cheats the conventional way?

dear user,,,this stopping from swithcing warnin is just one way that cc has of stopping people usin engine to help them threw games,we do also have conventional measures which i carnt disclose,i apreciate some people mite have messenger on or email alerts,which may tempt u to switch n look,but when ur playin a game try to focus purely on that,as it is also noted on system how many warnings u get. i hope u enjoy chesscube,we are trying our hardest to stamp out all forms of cheeting,kind regards,whitetyson :)
<<

handoftheking

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 am

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

This is just stupid, I keep getting this message, because I play Online Pool on Gamezer as well which is very frustrating, makes you only play chess.. Why should I be forced to play and focus on only chess when I can play a variety of games, There should be a better way to finding cheaters don't you think? Anyways is there any way to stop this annoying message from popping up? :|
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Posts: 175

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 am

Location: top secret (somewhere in Canada)

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

handoftheking wrote:This is just stupid, I keep getting this message, because I play Online Pool on Gamezer as well which is very frustrating, makes you only play chess.. Why should I be forced to play and focus on only chess when I can play a variety of games, There should be a better way to finding cheaters don't you think? Anyways is there any way to stop this annoying message from popping up? :|

This is only one of many ways that this site uses to find cheaters: and it's simple, cheap and seems reasonably effective as a deterrent. If you like to play a variety of games at the same time as chess, there are many other chess sites that allow for that.
:auto-sportbike:
.
.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

gerchess1

Pawn

Posts: 5

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

thats ridiculous, I mean if my opponent does not move, shall I stay all the time within the same window?
<<

konstantino07

Bishop

Posts: 101

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Warning - Don't switch between programs

babasaheb wrote:
handoftheking wrote:This is just stupid, I keep getting this message, because I play Online Pool on Gamezer as well which is very frustrating, makes you only play chess.. Why should I be forced to play and focus on only chess when I can play a variety of games, There should be a better way to finding cheaters don't you think? Anyways is there any way to stop this annoying message from popping up? :|

This is only one of many ways that this site uses to find cheaters: and it's simple, cheap and seems reasonably effective as a deterrent. If you like to play a variety of games at the same time as chess, there are many other chess sites that allow for that.
:auto-sportbike:

see this, it explains the reason for the auto-resign : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32
ready to join chesscube? just click her and get rewarded! http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... stantino07

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: donaldnisy and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.