Here's the changelog for V6.31 going live July 18 2013.
V6.31 incorporates some minor changes into ChessCube based on user and Moderator feedback - here's the list:
* FreeStyle Tournaments:
-Allowed "Window Switching" in the FreeStyle Tournaments - players may now freely switch windows when playing in these events.
* Rating Floors:
-Lowered the rating floors on all ratings from 200 points to 300 points.
A player's rating floor is calculated by subtracting 300 points from the highest established rating, and then using the floor just below. For example, if an established player's highest rating was 1941, then subtracting 300 yields 1641, and the floor just below is 1600. Thus the player's rating cannot go below 1600. Note that a player's highest rating is only set after they have completed 20 rated games.
* In-Depth Deep Rating System (VIP Only)
- We've listened to feedback from the Community for separate ratings between standard and Chess960 games, and have included this into V6.31.
This is a bit complicated, so please make sure that you've read and understood this properly
* Ratings shown on the Player Card for all users will not change. It will still be a combined rating of standard and Chess960 for general and tournament games.
* The "Overview" tab on the profile will now show a high level overview of a user's rating, including the separation of standard and Chess960 games in general and tournament games, as shown here.
* The "Deep Ratings" tab will show you a complete rating breakdown of users who have played games in those rating brackets. If they have not played games in these time controls, the rating will be displayed as "Not Set". We've broken down the rating types into 3 rating groups -> "Bullet", "Blitz", "Long". You can see an example of this on my profile here.
As we've only started collecting this data on July 16 2013, many of you will have "Not Set" as your ratings just yet, but with time it will build up and more information will be displayed on both your own profiles and other user's profiles.
One important point to note is that since these are "new" ratings (i.e. we've only started tracking it as of July 16 2013 as previously mentioned) - they will have a very active K-factor when playing other rating types for the first time and you may see higher gains or drops in your rating when playing these games.
Here's how the time controls are grouped:
Bullet: 10 sec +1, 1 min, 1 min + 1, 2 min
Blitz: 2 min + 12, 3 min, 3 min + 2, 5 min, 5 min + 5, 10 min
Long: 15 min, 20 min, 25 min + 10, 30 min, 60 min.
As noted above - viewing this data on your own profile and other user's profiles is only available to VIP members.
If you have any questions regarding V6.31, please let us know by emailing email@example.com