FAQ

ChessCube Broadcasting - Commercial Rights

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 pm

ChessCube Broadcasting - Commercial Rights

Hi everyone,

We've recently been inundated with requests from users who wish to record games and tournaments played on ChessCube and upload them on YouTube.
Having said that - many users out there have asked us to provide them with commercial rights for gameplay footage in order for the users to monetize each videos and earn revenue from YouTube.

Today - I'm happy to let you know that as of now - ChessCube has granted all users recording gameplay on our site with full commercial rights for use of monetization on YouTube. If you want to use footage of one of our games on YouTube channel or website we're happy for you to go ahead just as long as you are not charging viewers directly to watch your videos. Also - all we ask that you include a link in the description of your videos pointing back to http://www.chesscube.com.

If you are a YouTube partner with the ability to monetize your videos, simply paste this forum post URL and the contents of this forum into the "More Info" box when asked for proof that you're able to monetize your videos commercially.

We're hoping that many other platforms will follow this standard and allow all gameplay footage to go up onto YouTube for the world to see just how much we enjoy playing our favourite games.

Best regards,
Sean
ChessCube Community & Operations Manager
<<

hiccera

Pawn

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: ChessCube Broadcasting - Commercial Rights

I smell a huge lawsuit - class action. If another user is monetizing on my game play or using my (opposing players) likeness, moves, actions, words to make money and not paying the other participating party - furthermore broadcasting said games without the consent of the opposing players in a tournament or game - and they are doing so with the consent of CC - CC becomes liable in part for failure of the end user (the monetizing broadcaster) to transfer part of the earnings to the participating parties (those being used to make money off of).
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: ChessCube Broadcasting - Commercial Rights

Um, no. Games played on ChessCube are public.
If that's the case - all YouTube chess celebrities doing "Live Plays" will have to ask every single user on every single chess server for permission to record.
We've said it before - and we'll say it again. Public games played on ChessCube are public.

Return to PC/Console Gaming