FAQ

ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

<<

art_of_derp

Pawn

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 am

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

inever_joke wrote:Hey Bryan,

Have you ever thought of creating an iPad app and charging $2.99 - $4.99 (at most) for it?

I'm sure, if the interface is properly replicated, that it would attract quite a few buyers.

Especially if it makes the "app of the week" page, which it most likely will.

I would definitely purchase it. It's so much easier pulling out my iPad than having to turn on my computer just for chess.

Definitely something to think about (if your looking for that added source of revenue)

THIS .

Or if your goal is more VIP members, make the mobile app free but only available to VIPs. If ad sales can support a free version too, just as well. I for one would like to have my Cube account follow me where I go and it would definitely be worthwhile for the VIP.

One thing to consider, though, is that a mobile app would presumably lead to more games being played, and therefore possibly the need for more servers.
<<

nuryell

Pawn

Post Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 am

I don't think the new cubit system is fair to us. When I played rated game and i put a bet of 50 cubits, i've got only 10 cubits if I won but in case i've lost the game, it cost me 50 cubits.

Since this new cubit system started, i've lost already 6k of cubits which is very unfair. It means that 5 games won is equal to 1 game lost. I understand that this site is intended for you to generate money but you can do it in a fair way. Not like this..

Kindly reply for this comment..
<<

saikiran1651

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 am

:think: :think: :think: :think: its better to less crwn prizes in 5min fantastics and bulletzone and increase number of free tournaents to increase cubers i think ...............but i always supports cc its best chess site ever
<<

konstantino07

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:19 pm

saikiran1651 wrote::think: :think: :think: :think: its better to less crwn prizes in 5min fantastics and bulletzone and increase number of free tournaents to increase cubers i think ...............but i always supports cc its best chess site ever

i don't really agree. i think cubits prizes should be decreased, so there is a tournament for u1600 with crowns as prizes. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

p.s. she is right that cc is the best chess site ever
ready to join chesscube? just click her and get rewarded! http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... stantino07
<<

spoiledkitten

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:01 pm

fewer players today compared 2-3 years ago.. is this (change of cubits costs and updates) the reason?
<<

jimi1999uk

Pawn

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi Chesscube.

I've been a fairly long-time member of this site and I think it's generally great and great fun/quick/sleek etc.

One thing I'm not too fond of is the cubits and their tenancy to disappear rather quickly. I don't know if you guys have changed the currency or whatnot but I've went from around 10000 a few months ago to 30 as of today.

The thing is I will NEVER pay for cubits.

I'm very close to leaving chesscube and have in the last week created usernames and free trials for other chess sites. This is a shame as in my few thousand matches I've found a few nemesis's I enjoy playing.

I know you have a need to upsell the product and get people who 'will pay' TO pay. I on the other hand will never buy cubits here (reason not important for the discussion) so you guys are basically going to lose a very regular player to your site.

Also, I know you get some free cubits each day but getting one free game a day is pretty annoying more than anything. Double annoying is the way that you can WIN your wager and still lose credits enough to stop more games.

I'm not alone. I've spoken to 1 maybe 2 other players on here in the last 2 weeks who had a moan about this setup.
Previous

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News