FAQ

Sandbagging - what is it?

<<

angeldeath_28

Pawn

Post Wed May 11, 2011 2:49 am

Re: Sandbagging - what is it?

im...think,,das not problem... ;) :violin: if u losse,,practice more.. :)
<<

jim_a

Pawn

Post Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 am

what if i resign and no play throughout the tournament because i'm catching my work,is this sandbagging
:(
<<

annecatherine

Pawn

Post Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 am

wowaaa! sad to say i was called a sandbagger when i beat my opponent a "higher rated" me being 1500 only, he just didnt realized that was only one of my few games played being newly registered on my first day here. The problem here is many felt bad when they lose.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 am

@Jim: instead of resign if it is a warzone you can click pause or just close browser after resigning current game. If you do once it is ok, everyone has needs to do sometimes, but if you do in a 1 hour tournament for 50 mins it gets suspicious. You can lose 200 ratign points(to your floor) which would make you sandbag appart from being cheap time waister for others by making your oponents to wait for 10 secs, 1 min, 2 mins or even 3 mins for the game to end. In normal tournaments in 3,4,5 rounds one I would suggest you to close your browser since they are rounds based ones that way you won't lose any rating.

@annecatherine: I don't know why some people just make more and more ids, I would just stick to one, and most people doesn't look at your stats, just look at your rating and playing when they face you. Sometimes you get all confident by playing a 1500 when you are a 2200+ and then see that they beat you. It is strange then you realize that it was a provie id, some doesn't look at these things and just call you sandbagger. Sorry for impoliteness annecatherine, but it happens.

Regards Xabier.
<<

quadriple

Pawn

Post Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm

koeniginacht wrote:Ok.

I like cubits. And I don't like to play with a 2000-score-player because I cannot win, that's impossible. In the tournaments I don't play with them and my score go down always.

I like too when I play with a 1300-guy and win 40 cubits in a rated game. And I always choose the players that I want to play or not.

My score is not big, but I'm not really good. I think all is ok.

Am I a sandbagger?

I ask because I don't know, really. If I am, I can stop.

Thank you.

i dont think that will be sandbagging,as the definition says,people who simply lose without a reason.like resign after the first move or some thing like that.
<<

honeywell_c

Pawn

Post Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Get them Sean.
<<

zockomocko

Pawn

Post Fri May 20, 2011 2:06 pm

What to do with >1900 Rating if weaker player like 12-1500 making no moves ?
Can i resign the game ? I get no points frome a 1200 player. Its not interesting for me to wait. I am Sandbagger if resign ? What to do, especially in 2 min Warzones ?
<<

Naruhodo

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 am

I just want to point out that warzone ratings and non-warzone tournaments ratings are not compatible due to handicaps. Would be better for every one if they were not mixed, or rating lost or won takes the handicap into account, but I am not sure how to do it.

Also, on tournaments with bigger prizes, same XP and a established tournament rating would help a lot to stop real sandbaggers.
<<

asif1976

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:59 pm

I am visiting this forum for the first time. I wasn't aware about sandbagging is such a big no-no in chess cube and I have been practising the same thinking its a form of legal chess where you play judiciously to win tournaments.Today I have been banned for sandbagging. I learnt sandbagging after using chess cube for quite some time from other users thinking that it was normal practice. I believe users should be given a warning before any action is taken against them. Otherwise it gives no chance for them to be aware of this as sandbagging is very subjective and real tactical resigning can be misconstrued as sandbagging. Kindly do the needful for lifting the ban on very ignorant users about sandbagging like me who have not visited this forum. I have been ardently playing chess without other forms of cheating. So please revert the ban for ignorant people like me and punish after warning the same.
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 am

asif1976 wrote:I am visiting this forum for the first time. I wasn't aware about sandbagging is such a big no-no in chess cube and I have been practising the same thinking its a form of legal chess where you play judiciously to win tournaments.Today I have been banned for sandbagging. I learnt sandbagging after using chess cube for quite some time from other users thinking that it was normal practice. I believe users should be given a warning before any action is taken against them. Otherwise it gives no chance for them to be aware of this as sandbagging is very subjective and real tactical resigning can be misconstrued as sandbagging. Kindly do the needful for lifting the ban on very ignorant users about sandbagging like me who have not visited this forum. I have been ardently playing chess without other forms of cheating. So please revert the ban for ignorant people like me and punish after warning the same.

Hi asif1976,

Every user is required to know this form of cheating (sandbagging) is not acceptable. I don't think you will accept to earn a prize in which you have earned unfairly; as well as not letting others have an equal chance in the competition. Logically, resigning on purpose does not need from me or any other user to tell you its wrong, the intentions from such act is very clear.

Sandbagging is taken very seriously by chesscube, lifting the ban off your account will be an unfair act from me towards others who will also claim they did not know.

Thanks,
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News