FAQ

[Feature Request] Audible timer alert

<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:49 pm

[Feature Request] Audible timer alert

The timer turns red at 25 - 30 seconds or so...
Can I get a 'beep' when this happens?? Sometimes I don't notice the goings on up there while studying the board.. Make it an option if you like.. OR.. No option, that way it's only a few lines of code, max...I'm just sayin...
<<

akronym

Pawn

Post Wed May 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Audible timer alert

+1! Cheers, A.
<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 pm

akronym wrote:+1! Cheers, A.

Thanks for the ups!

Is puzzles me that this feature is requested by more players.. Perhaps it is my play style? Or that most players here play 1 min games, hence do not need a "low time Alert"?
<<

opposite

Pawn

Post Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 am

I'd love for an audible alert each time a player moves. For not whis is the reason I'm not playing games longer than 5 minutes. Because I cannot tab between games for the fear of losing time.
<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Fri May 20, 2011 5:20 pm

opposite wrote:I'd love for an audible alert each time a player moves. For not whis is the reason I'm not playing games longer than 5 minutes. Because I cannot tab between games for the fear of losing time.

This feature already exists. Both audible sound when opponent moves, AND a visual flash on the tab (when playing multiple games). I love that feature..

What is missing however, is an alert for when your timer is low and turns red,,,

The only alert I receive is that I forfeited on time.
<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Still wondering why this feature is not requested by more users..

I have come to the conclusion that that it could be my set up O.o

I use a 54' TV as my monitor when playing at home.. and a 17' laptop elsewhere.. I don't miss the timer on the laptop.. So it must be that the timer is in my peripheral vision when playing on the big screen..

Still, I would very much like to have a little beep when the timer runs low.. Kinda like your coach pounding the mat when 10 secs left in the round of your fight!

Being that it would be (seemingly) so easy to implement, can we consider adding this feature for the next update?

BEEP WHEN TIMER REACHES 30 SECS REMAINING!

Thanks you.
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 pm

willymack wrote:Still wondering why this feature is not requested by more users.. .

Why this has not been requested more or developed by us:
  • It is not standard in the chess world - you are expected to monitor your own clock in offline or online games, without getting overt reminders. A clock turning red meets this criteria, since you would have to be monitoring you clock to see that it turned red.
  • It would be possibly annoying for increment game players, especially short time control ones. For instance, if you are playing 1+1, you may keep hearing this ding every time you drop 30 below before going above 30 and having this repeat.
  • Bullet games (majority of site games) are already played under a time pressure situation - users already know they need to move quickly, without a reminder

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages