FAQ

board blacks out

<<

klsnoozer

Pawn

Post Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 am

board blacks out

Sometimes parts of board black out during games. I move and part of it comes back sometimes, sometimes not.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun May 29, 2011 3:04 am

Re: board blacks out

It happens to me too, I suppose it is flash thing, if you have some other programs open, but I find that if I move winamp for instance in the background or move the mouse nearly all part comes back. I believe this is quite tiring if you are playing bullet game since you can't see oponent move and you have to move fast with few options left.

I hope they get this problem corrected, maybe it is our problem, then I would suggest using as few RAM memory as you can when you play in cc since flash does take a lot of pc resources. Shutting up pc from time to time does help too, I would suggest shutting the pc around 3-4 days at max, but you can be like me and shut it every week or so. Freeing (erasing) temp files and cookies should help too and above all closing windows updates and windows schedules. I would suggest using Linux OS too.

Regards Xabier.
<<

klsnoozer

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 am

I have 6 gigs of ram, so that can't be the problem and it's still happening. Moving the mouse doesn't help at all. Sometimes if i move it helps clear part of the board but thats hard to do since you can't SEE anything!
<<

kingchristian

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:26 am

klsnoozer wrote:I have 6 gigs of ram, so that can't be the problem and it's still happening. Moving the mouse doesn't help at all. Sometimes if i move it helps clear part of the board but thats hard to do since you can't SEE anything!

What browser are you using? Try to use Chrome, Opera or Firefox. Or update your Adobe Flash. If this persist, send an email to [email protected], explain the situation, so CC can check it.

-KC
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:32 pm

It's a Google Chrome issue, not your PC. I've seen it happen on other Flash sites with Chrome too.

2 options:

1 - Don't use Chrome.
2 - Have another tab open on Chrome, and just do a switch of tabs (click the other, then click the CC tab). It's fine after that.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh, nice solution Sean, the one of tabs, thanks a lot ^_^

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages