FAQ

ChessCube Cubit Expiry

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm

ChessCube Cubit Expiry

As mentioned in our Terms and Conditions, Section 7:

ChessCube reserves the right to expire a portion of your Cubit balance if no transaction activity is detected on your account. Transaction activity is defined as any action that uses Cubits, such as buying an item in our store, playing a wagering game or entering a non-free tournament.

The following expiry rules apply to Cubit inactivity:
  • Every 14 days we will deduct 10% of your free Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 14 days if you continue to stay inactive). Free Cubits include daily allowances, leaderboard prizes or promotional giveaways.
  • Every 28 days we will deduct 10% of your won Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 28 days if you continue to stay inactive). Won Cubits include wagered winnings and tournament prizes.
  • After 308 days of inactivity (i.e. 28 days after your won Cubits have expired completely) we will start expiring your purchased Cubits. Every 28 days we will deduct 10% of your purchased Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 28 days if you continue to stay inactive).
To avoid expiry login to ChessCube and use any part of your Cubits. You can buy an item in our store, play a wagering game or enter a tournament. This will ensure that you keep all your Cubits.
Massive gamer with over 300+ games in my Steam account - Ferrari F1 Fanatic - Biased F1 Blogger - Metalhead. **Please do not PM me - use our Support email instead**. Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook.
<<

baluuu

Bishop

Post Mon May 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: ChessCube Cubit Expiry

why was this introduced? :think:
it is not a move ,even the best move ,that you must seek ,but a realizable plan.....(chess proverb)
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 pm

So users would actually use cubits instead of stockpiling them for no good reason.

We want users to use all features of our site, including the ones that cost cubits (wagered games, memberships, videos, backgrounds etc.)
<<

kapitsa

Pawn

Post Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 am

And what actually is possible to buy for cubits?
Some stupid wallpapers? or chess-sets which are impossible to play with?

The only thing which was useful for users who like chess - is to buy videos. But now - it is impossible, because chesscube became more and more commerciolized.
<<

power_on

Pawn

Post Sat May 28, 2011 12:23 am

I have a question. Is it on a FIFO basis?

Ex: If I first purchase 10,000 cubits and then earned 1,000 cubits through play and for signing in, and then I buy a video for 2,500 cubits. Will it be 1,000 of my "free" cubits and 1,500 of my purchased cubits, or will it be 2,500 straight from my purchased cubits?

Just curious

Thanks
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat May 28, 2011 1:09 am

power_on wrote:I have a question. Is it on a FIFO basis?

Ex: If I first purchase 10,000 cubits and then earned 1,000 cubits through play and for signing in, and then I buy a video for 2,500 cubits. Will it be 1,000 of my "free" cubits and 1,500 of my purchased cubits, or will it be 2,500 straight from my purchased cubits?

Just curious

Thanks

Hi,

Cubits is one currency. There is no difference if you gained them through purchase from our online store or earned them from wagered games / logging in daily.

Your cubit balance is listed at the top of your chesscube application screen. When you purchase a video it will be deducted from that balance. The balance includes purchased bought cubits and "free" cubits.

Thanks,
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

power_on

Pawn

Post Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 am

Sansen, I'm just looking for an answer and not trying to start an argument, however, you are wrong. There is a difference between cubits. Did you read post #1 by the site admin Sean? This is what it says:

The following expiry rules apply to Cubit inactivity:

* Every 14 days we will deduct 10% of your free Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 14 days if you continue to stay inactive). Free Cubits include daily allowances, leaderboard prizes or promotional giveaways.
* Every 28 days we will deduct 10% of your won Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 28 days if you continue to stay inactive). Won Cubits include wagered winnings and tournament prizes.
* After 308 days of inactivity (i.e. 28 days after your won Cubits have expired completely) we will start expiring your purchased Cubits. Every 28 days we will deduct 10% of your purchased Cubits on a straight-line basis (i.e. the same amount every 28 days if you continue to stay inactive).

As you can see on the first asterisk, it says 10% of your "FREE CUBITS" will be deducted. The adjective "FREE" denotes that chesscube differentiates between cubit types. Asterisk #2 states 10% of your "WON CUBITS." And finally asterisk #3 states "PURCHASED CUBITS"; Once again, it is distinguishing cubit types.

So let me pose my question again. The reason I ask is because I very well could go more than 14 days without signing in. I have made a cubit purchase in the past as well as a few video purchases. I just want to know if my FREE cubits were used to make the video purchases, keeping my purchased cubits intact for 308 days, in which I am very likely to make another purchase.

Once again, my question: Is it on a FIFO basis?

Thanks
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 am

Hi,

A transaction is defined as any action that uses Cubits, such as buying an item in our store, playing a wagering game or entering a non-free tournament. ChessCube will always use your free Cubits first, as these are first up for expiry. Once your free Cubits in your total balance have been "used up", we'll move on to won Cubits.

Keep in mind though, that any transaction will keep your Cubits safe, so any transaction (even those used with Free Cubits) would keep your purchased Cubits safe for another 308 days.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Sean
Massive gamer with over 300+ games in my Steam account - Ferrari F1 Fanatic - Biased F1 Blogger - Metalhead. **Please do not PM me - use our Support email instead**. Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook.
<<

pipesnchess

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:58 am

This is not cool not that I care about cubits but this seems like a waste time
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am

i did't know cubits would expire anyway does the account b deleted if the user does't open it for a long time :doh: :hand:
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Next

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base