FAQ

Notice and grace period be given before rule changes take ef

<<

chessychess

Pawn

Post Sat May 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Notice and grace period be given before rule changes take ef

hi,

I have been enjoying Chesscube for more than a year now, and was browsing your chess video list yesterday for me to make a purchase of some videos that I selected yesterday, but was taken aback to discover that using cubits to buy videos are no longer allowed from today.

For over more than a year, I have gained enough cubits to buy some chess videos to help enjoy my chess better and I thought I could buy those videos that I decide upon yesterday. So the sudden change of your rules on using cubits to buy videos is rather untimely for me. Could you please allow us a grace period of say, a week after giving notice of any rules change, for longtime regular and active users, like myself to not be disappointed in my plans to use my cubits to purchase videos.

Looking forward to playing more chess at Chesscube, and early notice for any rule changes. Thanks.
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat May 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Notice and grace period be given before rule changes tak

I was disappointed by this change too ... :(
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat May 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Also, if we aren't able to buy videos with cubits any longer, then the "in application" store needs improving.

Trying to find a specific video to rent is a joke ... the only option is to scroll through them all ... and there are rather a lot. And browsing is out of the question since there is no way to get additional information on what we're renting except by coming to the "shop proper".

If putting the extra functionality into the application is out of the question, why not allow us to rent from the "shop proper" ... even if the rented items only appear in the application?
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Mon May 30, 2011 4:33 pm

No response? :(
<<

chessychess

Pawn

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 pm

its sad to hv no response to feedbacks that will help make this site a better place.
<<

gromit

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm

I agree with the posts above. It was bad enough when they suddenly decided that you could no longer use your cubits to buy membership. Now they seem to have done the same for videos. Since some people (such as me) will have bought cubits on the basis that they could be used to buy membership and/or videos, I think this is bordering on dishonesty.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:38 am

Are you serious? Dishonest?
Facebook; YouTube; Google; Apple - do you give these companies permission to change their software? So why should you have to do the same with ChessCube?
ChessCube owns their own software, and may update as they feel necessary.

Your post must've been a joke, right?
<<

gromit

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Read my post again. Changing the software is not the issue. If you invite people to buy cubits on the basis that cubits can be used in certain ways, obviously you are implicitly promising not to change the rules without reasonable notice so that cubits already purchased cannot be used in those ways. You are plainly in breach of contract. And yes, I am a lawyer.
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Sean,

I'm disappointed that you haven't replied to the latest post here. Perhaps it's because you know there is no sensible reply and you're just hoping this will go away if you ignore it? Your initial response was completely beside the point ... and saying that gromit's post was a joke is not the sort of thing I'd expect from you. You do indeed have every right to change the software. You don't have every right to change the terms of service.

Other providers such as Facebook, YouTube, Google, and Apple do indeed change their software, but if iTunes vouchers suddenly and without warning could no longer be used for purchases, Apple would quickly find themselves having to backtrack, to offer refunds or to face the courts.

For the record, you also still say (as I type) that payment options at the shop include cubits. At the foot of the shop home page http://www.chesscube.com/shop/ you have this:
Isn't this false advertising?

I still love chesscube, but you need to take more care of your paying customers.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages