FAQ

ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

<<

ajax020

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

money-grubbers /thieves; this ain't no free no more; frankgambit and loesje are so right

2 games a day lmao

so long!!!!!!
<<

ajays133

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 pm

u can have atleast unrated games for free
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Will ChessCube Cinema continue to be supported after ChessCube goes bust?

Regards
T
<<

spyros555

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

who cares about cubits or memberships or lectures we just wonna play chess...have fun...improve our elo...i can download thousands of ebooks countless video lectures on chess from any torrent site...i dont wonna being bothered about losing cubits and crowns...chess aint gambling...Chess is so interesting in itself, as not to need the view of gain to induce engaging in it; and thence it is never played for money ~Benjamin Franklin~
<<

gromit

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, at least I will now have something to spend my cubits on, now that I can't use them for the purposes for which I bought them (viz membership and videos).
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 pm

gromit wrote:Well, at least I will now have something to spend my cubits on, now that I can't use them for the purposes for which I bought them (viz membership and videos).

The point is that videos can no longer be bought with cubits, only rented.
<<

mlombaard

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I think the problem for me, lies in the vagueness of the value of chesscube currency.

it's also impossible to convert cubits into crowns, or vice versa (to my knowledge)

so if you got crowns, you still need to buy cubits to play...

and if you have a motherload of cubits, you can't exchange them for crowns to buy something useful.

having a membership is fine, it's like belonging to a chessclub and I'm happy to pay like with any club that requires a fee. chesscube is better than the free sites in many regards, but the vagueness of the currency spoils it.

I'd rather have you price your memberships in dollars and scrap the virtual currency, especially since there are so few valuable things to buy with virtual currency (like backgrounds and different sets of pieces, oh my word... there's no real value in that for me)

also, if I buy 465 crowns, and pay 399 of them for the annual membership, then 66 of those go to waste. another reason why i dont like the virtual currency.

I think you need to reconsider your business offering, because it's confusing for the most part.
<<

amaclickclick

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I've just experienced my first instance of "Sorry, your opponent doesn't have enough cubits" - game aborted. I'm a VIP member and I'm being penalised. I fully understand the commercial reasoning, but I'm afraid I'll have to jump ship if this becomes a repeated experience. I was very happy on Chessbase before discovering Chesscube. Sorry, but true.
<<

tttony

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I understand, this server cost money

The money is not free so the need make money to pay that

I think it's better idea that just save the last 30 games to free users so the server will be more relaxed and not save those 6 millions games

No chat when watch a game
<<

sick_moose

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Ok, I undedrstand what your problem is. I would confirm to see more advertisement at the borders or something like that.

But that !@#* with the cubits is not going to work. I'll tell you what I do, I play down my account and when there are no cubits left I play at chess.com or other sites.

Sorry, but your plan is ill-conveived
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News