FAQ

ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

<<

uros91ns

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 am

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

ronchon wrote:You can't say that this website is free if you can't play for free....

So, farewell Chesscube, it's been nice.
<<

bauerndiplom

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 am

The Chatrooms are for free , who needs to play chess tho ....
<<

trekgeyt

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 am

If cc becomes too inaccessable/unpleasant for non-paying members it will cause a downward spiral for the enitre site; Some members will get VIP but it will never be thát many. And if your new policy stops non-paying members from coming to cc, a VIP membership will also loose value because why would anyone wish to pay to play chess on a site with low traffic? Sitting in a chat room with only a small group. Or waiting to finally get an opponent and when you do you may even get a message that you can't play because your opponent hasn't got any cubits. And people whining in the chat about how crappy the site is (which is already evident since the moment you came up with this 'brilliant' idea) also doesn't do much good for your image, nor does it stimulate a good atmosphere.
You should acknowledge the value of all the traffic on your website, that's the foundation of the whole site. Without all these people visiting cc, the site wouldn't even have existed in the first place. Yet with these new measurements you are rejecting the same people who have actually made cc possible for you and with that you break down your own walls.
I suggest you have another brainstorm session and figure out something more constructive.
Don't ruin this awesome site with a lame-az new policy.
Last edited by trekgeyt on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cheer4leader

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 am

Cubit system

Hello chesscube, Please remove the 10 cubits system. Its really gonna break my heart :( . Because my player has no much more cubit in chesscube so they cant play without cubit...!!! sometimes it happen to me sometimes it happen to my opponent . So at the end of this cubit system its reducing CHESSCUBE POPULARITY.......!!! :S
<<

fallenlord

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:09 am

This is Black Day in ChessCube history.
Many will left this site, and only a few will remain.

5$ for 500 games may be fair prise, if you are living in USA. But there are so many users from those countries, in which people usually earn 100$ per month, and paying 5 of them just to play the beloved game is VERY expensive!

I realize, that decision is made, and there is no way back.
It is terrific reality, that men in charge usually do not listen the voices of their followers. Here is the same situation, and I think, they won't turn this wheel back.

But you can at least give more free games. 100 free cubits per day, instead of 25. 10 free games. And no extra cubits for winning first rated game and playing in tourney. This will make people left this site more slowly. And there will be no "fake" accounts, registered just for taking daily cubits. Also people won't enter tourneys just to get cubits.

Your servers are now expensive, but they live. Soon they will be cheaper, but they are going to die, overloaded by "fake" inactive dead accounts. This is my Dark Prophecy :(.
Last edited by fallenlord on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

sparkler

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 am

Awww, there should be no cubits charge for UNRATED games.
Already cubers are facing lag problem, and this would be make it worse.
I have no problem if there is charge on rated, but i can't bear it on unrated :-|
<<

trekgeyt

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 am

By the way: The site lags too much. So perhaps improve that before starting to ask more money? And all these little extra's that are on sale, like pac-man sounds and music? What on earth does it have to do with chess? Seriously ... Perhaps the site would run a bit smoother without all those irrelevant and hardly funny gadgets?

Food for thought?
<<

i_wright

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 am

trekgeyt wrote:By the way: The site lags too much. So perhaps improve that before starting to ask more money? And all these little extra's that are on sale, like pac-man sounds and music? What on earth does it have to do with chess? Seriously ... Perhaps the site would run a bit smoother without all those irrelevant and hardly funny gadgets?

Food for thought?

Agreed. But why not ads? Doesn't that seem like a simple solution? Fill up the sidebar with ads for all I care, but charging cubits per game really ruins the vibe of playing low-pressure chess freely with a community of fellow chess lovers.
<<

trekgeyt

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 am

i_wright wrote:
trekgeyt wrote:By the way: The site lags too much. So perhaps improve that before starting to ask more money? And all these little extra's that are on sale, like pac-man sounds and music? What on earth does it have to do with chess? Seriously ... Perhaps the site would run a bit smoother without all those irrelevant and hardly funny gadgets?

Food for thought?

Agreed. But why not ads? Doesn't that seem like a simple solution? Fill up the sidebar with ads for all I care, but charging cubits per game really ruins the vibe of playing low-pressure chess freely with a community of fellow chess lovers.

Yes now that you mention, this site is still pretty much add-free. To me adds on the side seem way more logical; a lot of people are visiting so they could probably do some okay business by selling space for adds. And if you're annoyed by it, Premium or VIP should make them dissapear. Seems logical.
<<

merab

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

Chesscube used to be the best chess site. This is not the case any more. I fear you will lose more than gain with this kind of 'Financial measures' which violates the spirit of the game and of this site. I used to be loyal member of this site, but I am not anymore. Ciao...there are other chess sites...
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News