FAQ

Cloack Cheatin / Lagging on purpose / Time travel

<<

manfrixbaned

Pawn

Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Cloack Cheatin / Lagging on purpose / Time travel

xabichess wrote:Dear manfrixbaned,

I know how you feel, it is really annoying to play laggers, I have nothing against the country's or the people from these countries but I find that a lot of philipines or indonesian players have either poor connection which can be or for any other reason when I play them they have a lot of lag. I don't like that, it makes you play 2/0 or 3/0 game instead of 1/0.

I have nothing against them since I know that they play legit and just have really bad lag. I think that they too play with that incertity of what move have my oponent done since I have lag, and that is where they usually in the 40 secs left or 30 secs left part play really fast since they do not know whether the move will have a lot of lag or not.

Now you can say that they are used to the lag and you are not, I do not know if you can get used to it but it happens that way. The way to beat them as you have said it is
the way to beat them is to put up a nodge and play even faster whenver you consume more than a second their clock always goes back.. therefore you need to use pre moves the more pre moves you make the faster their time runs out..

Other matter is what you have said about the premove in the early part of the game, I have made 20 moves in the first sec and I do not think I have been cheating, I have just premoved every moves since the start. Sometimes this is quite easy to do if your oponent have around 0.4~0.7 secs of lag or more, even though if he has more lag it is really risky since you do not know if he has lag or he is actually thinking. The major fact to do this is when you and your oponent try to make a "strong" defence in the beginning of the match, usually when they do fianchetto in the first 2-3 moves and then continue with d3 and so you can do a lot of premove without a lot of risk and like that you both can make around 10~15 moves in the first sec by premoving by both players. Thus, I do not think that they were cheating, it is just that you have not attacked them properly or they have tried to defend the king by fianchettoing fastly as white or as black and make a lot of premoves since they know that you cannot attack them fast. It is really risky but it can be done.

This is why I cannot agree with your comment, sorry manfrixbaned, I have to tell you that I really hate playing laggers since they distract me a lot from my game. I would love to see them getting some kind of punishment but since chesscube politics is to take the first 2 secs of lag out ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35 ) you can not really complain about that.

I am sorry if I have been rush or impolite to you.

Regards Xabier.

BEST ANSWER EVER!!! Thanks!
<<

gultekinmg

Pawn

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 am

Here in CC. 90 percent of my loses has been due to lag cheat and server help for them.

Some tells playing faster could help you win against them. What heck you can do a player moves 3 times or more at last 0.00 sec. while your time melts like quicksilver.

For Server help;
Recent tourney i have play fast and mate as possible during all 14 games which is 4 game excess any player. then Server began to stall my game's start and players i met began to move slower. Even then i did not lose that last 4 games. i was only able to be 4th.

I am not to be accused to think that Lag cheating has become a tool for game server programmers to steal money from customers. They know how to stop it but they do not.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Dear gultekinmg,

I honestly don't think it is as easy as you say to make yourself laggy, unless you use some kind of program/firewall/etc to block connection of a program/browser. My question would be, why would someone do that on purpouse in a warzone? In which the play time will go down although you can manage to win a game or two you may not win due to lag. I cannot really see a point in that.

Nonetheless I believe you can win any game no matter what your oponent lag is. Other question is that as you have said that after 14 games your connection or your pc started going slower. As many people have said Chesscube consumes quite a bit of pc's resources.

I have wrote a lot about lag and won games lost on time due to this matter in other posts, some other people have wrote what could a good be a good way to avoid these kind of lags, which I am not going to write them down again. Sorry if I sound a bit unfriendly or impolite but I do not want to do the search myself again and write down the links.

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards Xabier.
<<

rosepetals08

Pawn

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm

[color=#FF00FF]Yeah I encountered lots of cheaters on CC too . I got pissed off those cheaters, they are controlling the time, and some made my game froze I can not move my pieces then magically they checkmated me , I 've no idea how they do that. I'm here to relax and enjoy chess game but cheaters pissed me off.
SO I HOPE CC WOULD DETECT ALL THOSE CHEATERS AND ELIMINATE THEM ...CHESS IS A BRAIN GAME ...AND CHEATERS HAS NO BRAIN , SO THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO PLAY CHESS
[/color]
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Dear rosepetals08,

I am trying not to repeat myself a lot, but I suppose that people just have the urge to say everything they have inside when they lose by time. Firstly, I do not think that in any case your oponent had anything to do with your lag or your pc getting frozen. There are some tips on how to make your pc lag (different to internet connection lag.) getting lower.

First thing on how to affect your pc. Chesscube alone consumes quite a lot of pc resources and like some other people has said before me, it gets your pc slower as the time goes on due to cookies and more temp files in your browser temp folder or in your OS(Operating System, in most cases I suppose it is Windows although I would not recommend it.)'s temp folder. When your pc resources gets nearly full, the updatings of your OS does affect this one too, your browser cannot cope with the data and makes your pc to froze or to be really slow. It is like when you are using your antivirus and try to do something meanwhile while it is scanning your pc.

There is usefull information on how to make your pc faster here: first one, shows your lag, on windows 7, I suppose it is quite the same for xp. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1501 about how to make your pc faster, here are good tips; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1561 .

I hope that it can help you a bit and you can have less problems with lag in incoming games. I hope not to have sounded impolite and unfriendly I do not intend to, but you have to see the other point of view too. The people that have a connection ping that in every move is in red, no matter how fast they move they cannot be assure whether their move has less than 2 secs of lag lattency and I cannot believe that you can get used to that.

Regards and have a nice day, Xabier.
<<

rosepetals08

Pawn

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Yeahh I know that running antivirus would make my pc lags or slow , that's why i NEVER RUN MY ANTIVIRUS when I'm playing here on CC and I cleared out my cookies and temp files regularly. What I encountered was obviously a cheat because I got stocked and haven't made my move yet, and I didn't see my opponent's queen or pieces on that position but suddenly he checkmated me magically.
Anyway thank you very much for the reply . Have a wonderful day
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 am

Good morning,

Ok, if you don't want to know the reasons just blame your oponent on every lose. If you take the move late, maybe you start to think that you need to premove and premove unconsiously by having a red move. I don't know if that is the case though. I have been watching your game history and I haven't seen anything strange, you should tell me the games to see how were those "cheating" you say. since I don't see.

Once we can see the games, or if you can't know the game if you tell me when it was played the date approximately and oponent name would help, the date alone would help too.

Regards Xabier.
<<

pillius

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't know if this is bug/cheating/whatever, but i have encountered exactly this case a couple times already in the past:

as you can see i have played my move (having about 1 minute left on the clock), then my op does not move for about a minute and while i ask myself whether he is disconnected (i was not!) suddenly and while he has 8 seconds left i see a msg "pillius forfeits on time!" All of a sudden my 60 secs have vanished and i lose the game (and 100 cubits). And my op has not played yet!!
Does anyone know what is this?

[Date "2011.07.28"]
[Round "-"]
[White "myqueens
[Black "pillius
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2129"]
[BlackElo "2237"]
[ECO "C41"]
[Time "18:06:04"]
[TimeControl "300"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 Be7 4. O-O Nf6 5. Re1 O-O 6. c3 Nxe4 7. Rxe4 d5 8. Bxd5 Qxd5 9. Rxe5 Qd6 10. h3 Bf6 11. Re1 c5 12. d4 cxd4 13. Nxd4 Bxd4 14. Qxd4 Qxd4 15. cxd4 Nc6 16. Be3 Be6 17. Nc3 Rfd8 18. Red1 Nb4 19. Rd2 Nd5 20. Ne4 Rac8 21. Nc5 b6 22. Nxe6 fxe6 23. a3 Rc4 24. Kf1 Rdc8 25. Ke2 Kf7 26. g3 h5 27. Kd3 Kf6 28. Rad1 Kf5 29. f3 R4c7 30. g4+ Kf6 31. Ke4 Rh8 32. Bf4 Nxf4 33. Kxf4 hxg4 34. hxg4 g5+ 35. Kg3 Rch7 36. Kf2 Rh2+ 37. Ke3 R2h3 38. Ke4 Rc8 39. Rd3 Rc2 40. R1d2 Rc1 41. d5 exd5+ 42. Rxd5 Re1+ 43. Kd4 Rxf3 44. Rd7 Rf4+ 45. Kc3 Re3+ 1-0

this game was played just 10 minutes ago and i have left the damn screen there, i can take a screenshot if needed.
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 pm

pillius wrote:I don't know if this is bug/cheating/whatever, but i have encountered exactly this case a couple times already in the past:

as you can see i have played my move (having about 1 minute left on the clock), then my op does not move for about a minute and while i ask myself whether he is disconnected (i was not!) suddenly and while he has 8 seconds left i see a msg "pillius forfeits on time!" All of a sudden my 60 secs have vanished and i lose the game (and 100 cubits). And my op has not played yet!!
Does anyone know what is this?

[Date "2011.07.28"]
[Round "-"]
[White "myqueens
[Black "pillius
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2129"]
[BlackElo "2237"]
[ECO "C41"]
[Time "18:06:04"]
[TimeControl "300"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 Be7 4. O-O Nf6 5. Re1 O-O 6. c3 Nxe4 7. Rxe4 d5 8. Bxd5 Qxd5 9. Rxe5 Qd6 10. h3 Bf6 11. Re1 c5 12. d4 cxd4 13. Nxd4 Bxd4 14. Qxd4 Qxd4 15. cxd4 Nc6 16. Be3 Be6 17. Nc3 Rfd8 18. Red1 Nb4 19. Rd2 Nd5 20. Ne4 Rac8 21. Nc5 b6 22. Nxe6 fxe6 23. a3 Rc4 24. Kf1 Rdc8 25. Ke2 Kf7 26. g3 h5 27. Kd3 Kf6 28. Rad1 Kf5 29. f3 R4c7 30. g4+ Kf6 31. Ke4 Rh8 32. Bf4 Nxf4 33. Kxf4 hxg4 34. hxg4 g5+ 35. Kg3 Rch7 36. Kf2 Rh2+ 37. Ke3 R2h3 38. Ke4 Rc8 39. Rd3 Rc2 40. R1d2 Rc1 41. d5 exd5+ 42. Rxd5 Re1+ 43. Kd4 Rxf3 44. Rd7 Rf4+ 45. Kc3 Re3+ 1-0

this game was played just 10 minutes ago and i have left the damn screen there, i can take a screenshot if needed.

Hi,

I have checked your game and I'd like to apologize for you encountering such bug. More details could be found in this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1571
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

pillius

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 pm

ok, thx for the reply.
Previous

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages