FAQ

Changes since new Cubit policy

<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Changes since new Cubit policy

tchitcherine wrote:Obviously I mean the banning. No, Sean hasn't reversed anything. Perhaps he thinks you should take responsibility for your mistake.

Obviously, my username is tchitcherine.

If you unban me now, then I shall tip a virtual hat to you.

TIA
tchitcherine (username: tchitcherine)

Hehe - feisty to the end - well, I won't accept that banning users who advertise other websites is a mistake, and I will likely continue to do so, as I see fit, but I have unbanned you because you are not ultimately a bad user, just a very vocally dissatisfied one.

I asked for your username because I assumed you could not log on here if you were banned - but I suppose your credentials were cached so you did not need to log on here...
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:23 pm

tchitcherine wrote:Update: I just got an email from Sean telling me that he has unbanned the account, which is great. I hope I've posted this in time to save you the trouble, bryan....
Yeah, we were chatting on it, and appear to both have unbanned you at the same time :D
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 pm

bryan wrote:
tchitcherine wrote:Obviously I mean the banning. No, Sean hasn't reversed anything. Perhaps he thinks you should take responsibility for your mistake.

Obviously, my username is tchitcherine.

If you unban me now, then I shall tip a virtual hat to you.

TIA
tchitcherine (username: tchitcherine)

Hehe - feisty to the end - well, I won't accept that banning users who advertise other websites is a mistake, and I will likely continue to do so, as I see fit, but I have unbanned you because you are not ultimately a bad user, just a very vocally dissatisfied one.

I asked for your username because I assumed you could not log on here if you were banned - but I suppose your credentials were cached so you did not need to log on here...

In fact, I did need to log on here repeatedly, but had no trouble doing so.....

FYI now that I know you, I shan't respond to your questionable behaviour in the future.

Hats off to ChessCube and, indeed, to you, for the unbanning.

t
<<

trekgeyt

Pawn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 pm

bryan wrote:
trekgeyt wrote:Understandable. Yet if the new policy drives all non-paying members away it wouldn't be all that interesting to obtain vip membership. Take a glance in cc cafe. Not that many vip memberships there. Some have premium but it is of no guarentee they will switch to vip. So the rest are all non-paying members. What if they go elsewhere? There won't be enough ppl left for a party.

It seems to me that another brainstorm session could lead to more constructive ideas and perhaps a long term vision.
I get vip as soon as i like the policy again.

Yup, it is something we will monitor (from both financial and server-load perspective) and tweak of course. Just these updates as described in this post alone give non-VIPs extra playing opportunities, and we have some other ideas too that will be implemented in due-course.

We are not trying to scare away all non-VIPs, but simply not enough cash means no ChessCube - so we are willing to try all angles, even ones that annoy users who want this to remain free forever.

Well, i hope it all works out for the future of the site. Good luck team.
<<

ezan18

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 pm

great :dance:
<<

returnofalex

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 pm

i'm freind of arash1298 , why he is banned ? how do you guys know he is cheating while , his world is about the chess ?
my name is alex do u guys have a solid reason for that ?
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 pm

returnofalex wrote:i'm freind of arash1298 , why he is banned ? how do you guys know he is cheating while , his world is about the chess ?
my name is alex do u guys have a solid reason for that ?

Perhaps the "solid reason" is either that:

you were given that name by your parents.

or that:

it's the name by which you are commonly known....

Nice try, Bud.

Do you really think that the good folks here at ChessCube would ever be stupid enough to tell you how they know that your friend is just another pathetic, useless cheat?

Adios, amigo

p.s. i don't work for ChessCube, I'm merely a concerned customer.
<<

newton2

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 pm

This was expected from you Sean. :clap: Thanks a lot for all these changes.But it would be great if you give us a chance of purchasing VIP membership through Cubits also. :dance:
<<

2minmania

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:02 am

The new cubit policy marks the end of my chesscube playing days. I'll be looking for another free site. Thanks for the time that CC was the best free site. I understand that you are changing to a pay to play business model. Goodbye!
<<

diaz_kasparov

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:35 pm

2minmania wrote:The new cubit policy marks the end of my chesscube playing days. I'll be looking for another free site. Thanks for the time that CC was the best free site. I understand that you are changing to a pay to play business model. Goodbye!

me too...
chess.c***m or other is better n free of course... :violin: :violin:

googling "free online chess game" :)
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News