FAQ

ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

<<

happy420

Pawn

Posts: 5

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

I don't mind the changes. ChessCube is a great site and I'm more than happy to support it, man.
<<

happy420

Pawn

Posts: 5

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

robinowitsch wrote:That’s just hairsplitting – but as I want to avoid another of his one-page-elaborates I won’t feed the troll further.

My last statement here: I know really all chess sites, have been everywhere a paying member and for me Chesscube is the best chess site. It has all the functionality you need plus the most beautiful interface I have ever seen.

You should be a ChessCube Moderator, man!
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Posts: 28

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 am

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

bryan wrote:
tchitcherine wrote:
robinowitsch wrote:@tchitcherine

honestly speaking, when reading your answer, my first thought was: what form of autism Bobby Fisher was suffering from.. :|


I'm sorry, who is "Bobby Fisher"?

It seems to me that you contributed a couple of good ideas in your post-before-last....

Take care,
T


Tchitcherine:
First of all, bryan, I'd like to thank you sincerely for all the trouble you took on my behalf both inside and outside the CC interface.

That said:

bryan:
Maybe he was simply drawing attention to your obsessive and excessive bashing of ChessCube?

Tchitcherine:
Maybe you don't undesrstand quite as much as you should about how fora tend to work, in general? This is how I see the sequence of events:

1) robinowitsch makes a post intending to praise ChessCube (which, in itself, is fine).
2) I read his post, and I notice several serious factual errors which I endeavour to correct. In correcting them, robinowitsch's entire argument is effectively refuted comprehensively.
3) You make a post in which you thank him wholeheartedly for the unremittingly supportive post which, by that time, has already been comprehensively demolished by me.
4) He makes another post, containing a great number of the same already-refuted factual errors which he made in his earlier post.
This is what is commonly known as trolling.
5) Once again, I refute him comprehensively.
6) You make a post defending him, and misguidedly attacking me (mistaking my mission).

bryan:
I am not sure what your mission is here.

Tchitcherine:
Believe it or not, my mission is to try to help to save ChessCube. I have tried to point out ChessCube's strengths and weaknesses. I have tried to tell the powers-that-be that I have seen other servers tread the path which ChessCube is following right now, and all of those other servers have either gone out of business or been bought out by a more successful competitor.

bryan:
We have seen your point of view... again... and again... and again...

Tchitcherine:
Indeed you have, and with good reason: several different people seem to be mistaken, so these several people (it seems to me) can benefit from my experience. If people would read what I wrote the first time I wrote it, then that should deter them from making posts which are crammed with misconceptions and information which is either out-of-date or just plain wrong.

When I see such out-of-date or wrong information, being in a position to correct it, I do so....

bryan:
For someone who dislikes what ChessCube offers so much and is such a fanatic AND a member of other sites, it is bizarre you would spend so much time constructing such elaborate posts here.

Tchitcherine:
Quite so. The point is that I don't dislike everything that ChessCube offers. I've invested quite a lot in ChessCube products, therefore it is in my interest that ChessCube should thrive....

bryan:
And to robinowitsch's point: list all the other playing UIs you want - they are all harder to use, less friendly/social and simply less aesthetically pleasing than ChessCube. IMHO, of course!

Tchitcherine:
I know that was to robinowitsch, but there's no doubt that Arena, BlitzIn, Dasher, BabasChess, et al are all superior to the browser based ChessCube interface.

bryan:
[Additionally: I find it bizarre that PlayChess does not even offer a seek graph with their latest builds - finding games through an ever moving list is terrible]

Tchitcherine:
A good point well made. ChessBase programmers please note :-d

bryan:
BTW you like to keep repeating that VIP has been downgraded - in what way is this so?

Tchitcherine:
Read the thread.

bryan:
If anything it keeps getting more features.

Tchitcherine:
Yes, but fewer opponents. Fewer opportunities actually to play (which is the reason most poeple pay to join any chess server).
FYI World Chess Network made exactly the same mistake. Its VIP members (it called them Gold Members) were unable to play opponents of their choosing for exactly the same reason as ChessCube's VIP members are unable to play opponents of their choosing (because said opponents have no more cubits)...

It's a downgrade, and it affects everyone adversely. Reverse it, before you start haemorrhaging members....

Another downgrade which affects VIP members as well as the hoi polloi is the inability to buy videos with cubits now.

In other words, ChessCube is offering less and less to everyone. Stop removing benefits. Or go out of business.

bryan:
Maybe you are comparing VIP to Premium, two entirely different products.

Tchitcherine:
Nope.

bryan:
Moreover, as a general concept, where does one draw the line between 'downgrading' or 'reworking'/'redefining' a feature?

Tchitcherine:
Ask your customers. Especially VIP members.

bryan:
We removed the 10 cubit wagering offer, do you see that as a downgrade?

Tchitcherine:
No, but some of your other customers might. FYI except for the free tournaments, I hsave stopped playing on ChessCube, because now it costs cubits. Do you see that as an improvement? (I'm not asking for a critique of my play, I know I suck).

Several others have stopped playing for the same reason. Is that good or bad?

bryan:
Of course we will change products to either increase their appeal or make them more profitable for us or at least cost less for us (not entirely useful for us to offer features that cost us a great deal without bringing in enough money to offset this cost).

Tchitcherine:
Uh huh. All I'm saying is: alienating your best customers is bad business. If they pay for a burger with a gherkin, relish, onions and bread with sesame seeds, make sure that's what you give them.

A question: has ChessCube stopped downgrading?
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Posts: 28

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 am

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

robinowitsch:
Some things are a matter of taste. For me, ICC is plain ugly and an offense for my eyes.

Tchitcherine:
So, having been refuted, you change your arguement again....

robinowitsch:
Others are more interested in a variety of functions and do not need a stylish design.

Tchitcherine:
Certainly true.

robinowitsch:
But some of tchitcherine’s arguments are just utter nonsense.

Tchitcherine:
Really? Such as...?

robinowitsch:
Yes, theoretically you can use playchess without paying. As a guest.

Tchitcherine:
Well, you're not often right, but you're wrong again.

robinowitsch:
That means: no chat, no talk, cannot check a profile, cannot send pn, cannot use any function and above all every serious player > 1500 avoids to play the rank guest, among the 6000 site visitors you will play with the other 20 guests. Above 95 % of players on playchess pay as they want to use the one or other function and that’s why you can call it a payment-only chess site (but I have the impression, what is true for 95 %, could be perhaps another cup of tea for tchitcherine).

Tchitcherine:
I've already told you, that once you've created an account at playchess, there is no need to log in as a guest (although there is that option). I can log in any time and play whomever, and chat, and send messages to other users, and whatever I want to do. Do you need it to be explained to you yet again?

robinowitsch:
That’s just hairsplitting – but as I want to avoid another of his one-page-elaborates I won’t feed the troll further.

Tchitcherine:
Good.

robinowitsch:
My last statement here: I know really all chess sites,

Tchicherine:
Once again, trust me, you don't.

robinowitsch:
have been everywhere a paying member

Tchitcherine:
Once again, trust me, you haven't.

robinowitsch:
and for me Chesscube is the best chess site. It has all the functionality you need plus the most beautiful interface I have ever seen.

Tchitcherine:
Your opinion, to which you are absolutely entitled, but once again, it is based not on fact, but rather on outdated misinformation.

to bryan:
Are you beginning to understand why I need to repeat myself? Some people determinedly cling to their precious misconceptions. One would suggest that if these fora are to be moderated (which is an excellent idea, IMO) then weeding out posts which repeat the same already-refuted information should be a priority. Which would mean no more posts from robinowitsch, but since he says he's not going to post any more anyway....
<<

tchitcherine

Pawn

Posts: 28

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 am

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

happy420 wrote:
robinowitsch wrote:That’s just hairsplitting – but as I want to avoid another of his one-page-elaborates I won’t feed the troll further.

My last statement here: I know really all chess sites, have been everywhere a paying member and for me Chesscube is the best chess site. It has all the functionality you need plus the most beautiful interface I have ever seen.

You should be a ChessCube Moderator, man!


Heaven forfend....
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Posts: 125

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Location: Cape Town

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

I am not sure why tchitcherine keeps insisting that his info on PlayChess is more accurate than robinowitsch's - he is playing on license he, I assume, paid for at one stage, and has been somehow kept at his free-to-whatever-he-wants-in-there status for ages. This is NOT the standard experience for newly regged users who go there. Now, if you BUY something or BUY access you can get admission and do all sorts of stuff. And this admission lasts a certain period of time.

But to make his personal experience the standard experience for all and then to attack robinowitsch rabidly based on that misguided notion is mind-boggling.

And then adds the cherry on-top to call his mis- or even dis- info a "comprehensive refutation"? :clap:
<<

thegreatsolar

Pawn

Posts: 4

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 am

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 am

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

Chesscube has been increasing in popularity, and gaining praise BECAUSE you have kept this game free. We already pay for enough things in our lives, and do not need to be paying to play casual chess online. You claim this 10 cubit thing doesn't go against your "free" promise, but we both know that's a lie. You are restricting our ability to play on this website, by forcing us to have to buy cubits with cash in order to continue to use it comfortably. I now find myself reluctant to wager in games, because I don't want to run out of cubits so that I can't play anymore! The problem with wagering at all is that we lose cash no matter what happens as a whole, since you reduce (tax) people for their winnings!

How about instead of going back on your promises, you think of another way to increase revenue? Perhaps offering more features for vip, instead of reducing everyone elses? How about doing a better job delivering advertisements and getting more money that way? This new 10 cubit thing is a terrible rule, and it makes me sick to log onto this website now, not unlike how I feel at the gas pump.
<<

striker301

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 am

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

Hi this is striker301 and ive been playing on chesscube for a while but now that its changed in terms of cutting the players cubits its kind of hard for me to play any more. chesscube is nice and all but there are a lot of chess websites that are actually completely free and you can use all the features without paying so people who feel like me go to chess.com or chesstempo and even chesscafe.
<<

scaredofjerry

Pawn

Posts: 1

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

tchitcherine, it's pretty ironic that on a site devoted to a game of logic, you post very freaking illogical comments. people probably have trouble seeing this because of your pretentious language, but anyone moderately intelligent can see that most of the "evidence" you provide does not even support your own claims, let alone refute anyone elses. you've been arguing with yourself, if anything, because you don't actually respond to anyone's arguments.

I'm curious to know....what's your rating on sites like this? I ask because I'm guessing you're the type who reads and reads and studies chess to try and prove that hes logical but despite the effort does not improve.

I'm not trying to be mean...but !@#*, you need to seriously stop this behavior I'm sure its very debilitating for your life in ways you don't even know. nobody cares about flowery bs, what matters is the substance of the words, not the words themselves. most of what you say has no substance....seems like you're the type who talks and talks and says nothing. I dont even post in this forum but after reading your comments I felt morally obligated to bring all of your bs to your attention.

I'm sorry I'm too lazy to support my claims of your lack of logic with evidence, as your posts are organized freakin horribly and are extremely convoluted. but if you go through and see everything as variables e.g. "I believe A, why do I believe A, what logic supports A, is there a flaw in that logic,, etc" you'll see what I'm saying...or maybe you won't. A lot of the time it seems like you're not even understanding what the argument is about. You should see conversations (especially arguments) more like chess games, every move rooted deep in logic to form a comprehensive strategy.

Hope you snap out of it man. I hate seeing people stuck in bad patterns, I've been there and sometimes you need an outside perspective to let you know you're messing up. consider this the outside perspective. peace brother
<<

terahammer

Pawn

Posts: 2

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

Fair enough, the discussion has been dragged long enough and derailed a few times here and there.

But notice that multiple other persons, calm and rational, are opposed to this -10 cubits / game thing, both here on this thread and in-game.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], heleneqo69, sonyain18 and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.