FAQ

ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

<<

bauerndiplom

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 am

Re: ChessCube Update: A message from the CEO

I can mostly agree with tchitcherine on his arguments ^^ , Chesscube needs to improve with his paid services ( thats fine for me ) , as i can get equal service from ICC or playchess ( like live lectures , broadcating of Top Tournaments with comentary etc.) from these sites in payment, and also for free of course .
The plus of Chesscube is the Web Based client , but i can even watchBbroadcasts from Tournaments everywhere for free , and not on CC :( , no live coverage of Top Tournaments . I cant believe that ppl are so attracted in several board setting for different pieces , backrounds and sounds ..
I have watched the private Tourny that was held Sunday , a lot of confusion here , but it MUST be easier to host these tournaments at CC , cant be real that pairings go only via invite for friend request and that the host has to announce everything , funny to watch , but get some automatic routine get this working , this is a minimal standard .
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:47 am

bauerndiplom wrote: I have watched the private Tourny that was held Sunday , a lot of confusion here , but it MUST be easier to host these tournaments at CC , cant be real that pairings go only via invite for friend request and that the host has to announce everything , funny to watch , but get some automatic routine get this working , this is a minimal standard .
Private tournaments are manually run by users, not run by ChessCube and are messy like this. If you want automated tournaments, play a ChessCube one - you don't have to do any of these things (add friends etc.). Are you asking for users to be able to host tournaments? Some already can... we just have not given this power to many people (would be chaotic if 1000s of different tournaments were run at the same time)
<<

bauerndiplom

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 am

bryan wrote:
bauerndiplom wrote: I have watched the private Tourny that was held Sunday , a lot of confusion here , but it MUST be easier to host these tournaments at CC , cant be real that pairings go only via invite for friend request and that the host has to announce everything , funny to watch , but get some automatic routine get this working , this is a minimal standard .
Private tournaments are manually run by users, not run by ChessCube and are messy like this. If you want automated tournaments, play a ChessCube one - you don't have to do any of these things (add friends etc.). Are you asking for users to be able to host tournaments? Some already can... we just have not given this power to many people (would be chaotic if 1000s of different tournaments were run at the same time)

But you failed somehow here , you should be lucky to spreed crowns and cubits to the community ( even if it comes from rich users ), if your goal is a social network and not at all business ..
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 am

bauerndiplom wrote:But you failed somehow here , you should be lucky to spreed crowns and cubits to the community ( even if it comes from rich users ), if your goal is a social network and not at all business ..

Who said our goal is not at all business? :-|

Of course we are in a business; we need money to pay for costs (servers, bandwidth, marketing, staff etc.), and, if successful enough, to attract more investor interest.
<<

aymanhafez

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:52 pm

how can i loose 10 cubits when i play unrated game and i won by openent disconnection sudnley i found my self cant play cause i dont have enough cubets please give me an explanation how can i lost cubits when i won my game !!!!!!!! :(
<<

albinbinoo

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

I will just say that chesscube is great site and I understand all measures that CC has to make in order to survive, i know some measures were not easy for CC to make, but obviously it was necessary. Everyone who is playing on chesscube will find other chess sites now boring because chesscube has great social aspect :clap: . I hope the Site goes on :pray: . and that things that brought the Site to this situation will be corrected.
<<

mrpyaara

Pawn

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:29 pm

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Hey Mark - Am a seasoned veteran here in Chesscube for almost 3.5yrs :hand: I have got VIP for myself and have gifted almost 25 + users here in chesscube :dance: :dance: :dance:

This is purely for you Mark :dance: :dance: :dance: Urge users to take VIP as its really good to please friends and have fun :dance: :dance:
<<

akronym

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi there,

just one word about free playing: we should not forget that you earn a number of cubits everyday, right? 25 for logging in, 30 for playing a rated game and 45 for tournament participation. That's ten free games a day, which might be ok for many users.

If you want infinite games per day: well, pay for it, or give the wagered games a try. ;)

By the way: When the pay per game idea was introduced last time I was really upset because even the premium members had to pay their cubit fee, which seemed unfair considering that they had bought a membership already. Now I am personally ok with it.

Cheers,
akronym

PS: One more thing about playchess: I bought Fritz 12 recently. It includes 1 year on playchess, the free playing option there is imho rather useless.
<<

sputnik_1

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 pm

I second that. I usually play 20 cubit wager games and at the end of the day I end up +-0 or better in my balance. I would expect though that if CC aims towards more paying customers they offer an excellent and bug free service.

And what about the idea to open up to advertising (in the sidebar for instance) as an alternative? To be honest: It would be easier for me to "show some love" by clicking some banners than by donating...
<<

duls

Pawn

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Just an idea. Can't chesscube put some advertisements on the site & earn money that way. I'm sure our players won't mind at all.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News