FAQ

Can not validate my account

<<

heartedhorses

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Can not validate my account

I have been trying for awhile now to get my account validated but have been having no luck. I have tried resending the email to several different email addresses as well as emailing validate at chesscube but never got a response.

Anyone help me out validating my account?
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Can not validate my account

Dear heartedhorses,

There are a lot of topics already about this matter, I believe that the answer will not change to solve this problem no matter how many times you repost it.

I may sound harsh but I do not intend to, you can look at this topics and if nothing helps try using a gmail email or a hotmail one. I had no problem with my hotmail email account.

The topics, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2226 just two topics below or 3 not so difficult ot spot, the name was yahoo email verification problem. Or here, viewtopic.php?f=12&t=37 I think that there are more but I won't do all the work you are supposed to do before reposting matters at new topics.

Regards Xabier
<<

heartedhorses

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 pm

yes, ive seen this topics posted but they did not help me. I am using a gmail account and still have not received the validation email despite about a dozen resend attempts and emailing bugs @ chesscube, validate at chesscube, and support at chesscube with all my emails being seemingly ignored.

I posted a new topic because the others were NOT helpful. Frustrated with this problem that apparently no one knows how to solve, guess ill just play elsewhere.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Good evening Heartedhorses,

You can send an email to [email protected] or to [email protected] and wait for their answer or I don't know if I should say this, you could try to pm some of the admins and tell them about your problem politely and they may help you activate your account manually if they can arrange a time with you.

Sorry if you get my first response badly but I did not intend to, I just have said that you could write in a topic like that I have writen above and they would help you. Just curious you, I suppose you have already seen it, but it hasn't get to your spam email, has it? Since maybe you have configured any unknown email as spam, and it goes there the validating email, although it may not be the case.

Regards Xabier.
<<

heartedhorses

Pawn

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:21 pm

I think there was just something wrong with my gmail account. I received all my validation attempts yesterday. Interestingly when looking at the emails in my inbox it just i had just received them about an hour ago, but upon opening them they were dated 3 days ago.

Maybe with the launch of google plus there has been some lag on the google servers causes some of the emails to be delayed, but either way im all set now, thanks for your help. I didnt mean to sound abrasive and apologies if i can across that way.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Good evening,

Good to hear that you were able to get the validatings, I suppose that it might be gmail problem as you have said, nice to have you around, I hope you get a nice time in here.

Regards Xabier.
<<

arms

Pawn

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:24 am

Yes, it would be very nice to PM an admin if it even let you. That whole "email validation" procedure has been setup in an extreme way.

1. The validator doesn't work properly or it delays for several days which is unacceptable for a professional company.
2. At least set it up to speak with moderators like everyone keeps saying.
3. If it doesn't work properly then remove it temporarily.
4. Do not restrict the ability to make games. (This is a very annoying feature in my opinion.)
5. If it was broken recently then have a developer check the patch logs.

I do not wish for all of my concerns above to be addressed, but it would be nice to see some changes. It has been two to three days so far since the original spam-clicking of the validation button. If our concerns aren't addressed then I can just as easily go back to Yahoo and play there or wherever I choose. After all, I am here to play chess, not to buy backgrounds and make my profile prettier.

Thank you for your time.
<<

morningfields

Pawn

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Nobody cares about users here, now do they? :-|

I have the same problems and nobody gives a damn!! :-|

And I am a paying member. :-|

:-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

With my annual VIP membership I still can't chat or play normally, because od THEIR validation problems.

I have 2 e-mail addresses, I've tried them both and nothing. They work perfectly fine for everything else, by the way.

The only thing the staff at ChessCube is good at is ignoring me. :-|

Sorry if I'm being rude, but i've sent a dozen e-mails to all the possible ChessCube e-mails and I didn't receive an answer for weeks now!!
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Good evening everyone,

I would suggest you to try and see if it is being in the junk folder or if is gmail or hotmail email if it is being ignored since it is considered spam.

I would tell you to see if you can manually do a receive emails thing in there. Since it seems like with the google+ and so on there have been some changes.

Regards Xabier.
<<

morningfields

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 am

I've checked my spam/junk folders and I've tried using gmail address.

But still no validation email.

Please help if you know how.

Thank you.
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages