FAQ

Lost on time during opponent's move

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Lost on time during opponent's move

There is a rare bug which involves your opponent's move being lost in transmission. Then you think that his time is running out but the server is waiting for your move, and you "lose" for not moving. We are aware of this bug and working on fixing it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

We have seen at least 8 different variations of this bug. As we deploy a fix for one, it creates another. We will however find an overall solution for this soon.

Feel free to post any comments or suggestions in this thread. All content will be monitored by the Community and Moderators.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

FrankBGambit

King

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Lost on time during opponent's move

i have had this bug a few times luckily by mistake i found that if i opened anther chesscube once that is loaded it logs u off present browser to the new one and the bug is fixed if the time not all gone id sugest if after 1 min u do this to be sure. if opp did dc and not moved for 1 min this sure sign might be problem, also pressing f6 fixes this problem but u get logged of first so i prefer open new browser , regards and hope this helps anyone that gets this problem :-d
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 am

Good evening,

I see nice one, but on bullet games, it seems rather difficult to do so, since you just don't have enough time to know what happens. It seems too risky to me to do that when just 10~20 secs have passed in a 1 min game. It would be nice to get the bug fixed although it may be quite difficult for server to know of a lose of signal... or not...

I have no idea what kind of server it is. ^^;

Regards Xabier.
<<

sweeney

Pawn

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 am

Cheers for the Link Xabier, I searched for dropped and packets and found nothing. This was the one I was looking for. I'm more of a 5 minute player, so opponent loosing on time isnt as often. I would still say the error is a function of load, so stop file sharing programs and downloading things if the problem persists, may help players in the short term.
ChessCube PLAYERS MATE IN OBSCURE POSITIONS
Get the T-Shirt here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ChessCube.550862183
<<

chaternal

Pawn

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 am

Happened to me too. Thanks for looking up what the server did to my excellent game against an 1840 rated opponent!

;)
<<

peterbiltmug

Pawn

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 am

Can someone please restore my lost points due to this bug?

Game finished at 2:30 AM EST. Peterbiltmug vs. Vharish. I should have won that game, but lost 200 cubits. Opponent disconnected after I moved. He comes back and I am waiting 3 minutes for him to move... then I lose on time.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Good day,

Peterbiltmug, it happens, and I do not think that chesscube will restore your lost rating. I suggest you to refresh browser if you have waited over a min for your oponent to move. Since it is highly likely to you to have this bug.

It may be hard for you to lose 200 cubits that where wagered in that game but your opponent too waited for 3+ mins to your timer to get to 0 to win the game.

Regards Xabier.
<<

javier_garcia

Pawn

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 pm

I can see the good intentios of the managers of the site, but sincerely I´m so tired of reporting the same kind of problem (i think is the bug ure talking about that makes you loose cause meantime u´re waitng your opponents move your time is gone!) that I startes to play in a site called Buho 21 and it do not present any kind of probles such as your bug. The fact is that I lost so many points and games and went through so many momentos of ungryness that I prefer not to talk much more about it and strogly recommend you to fix this problem if you do no want to loose players such as me and all the friends I can speak with about this unsolved problems of yours. sincerely Javier
<<

m_bluhbaum

Pawn

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

hello,

this happened to me, opponent was juntor, and he laughed after the game it seems, he knows the bug or trick or whatever.
hahahaaa 100 points (cubits) . This was his words.

thanks
<<

debsankar

Pawn

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 pm

my opponents username mohit1230 using bad words. and was confident on his game though i was winning , but suddenly I lost on time!!
Next

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base