FAQ

Report abuse function

<<

ysoph

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Report abuse function

Hello everybody

I am actively playing on this perfect website for maybe 2 years, I must say its getting better and better but with income of new users I am experiencing more and more often unpleasant situations. Yes, I am talking about chat abuse, mostly winning a game - everybody has such experience.

I used to ignore those chats but later on Ive realized that to ignore them is a mistake making chesscube less friendly place to play - on the another hand developers have created report abuse functionality. So I have started reporting the most rude ones.

But - I have been never approached back by gamemasters with status update of my ticket. I have never seen anything happends. Ive tryied to contact moderators directly, but also, nothing has happend.

So heres one my question - are you guys able to check history of chats ?

And one suggestion - I would very welcome (and I am sure I am not the only one) implementation of kind of a management system. To create a 'open a ticket funcionality' where will be possible to see status of ticket and what is most important to see when it was resolved or rejected and how.

I know this is still a 'free server' but anyway you are taking care of users. This will be BIG step forward.

Thanks a lot for reading - and for response.
Have a nice day everybody.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Report abuse function

Good afternoon ysoph,

I really hope those badmouths kids would shut up. But you can always ignore the person who is talking ill. I have blocked+ignored a lot of people and I just cannot care less about what they write. Since I hope that other people will just ignore those kids as I do.

From experience I would say that reporting people on chat is difficult to get them kicked. I would love to see a table functionality like you have on other sites as yahoo although the automatic colour change is really cool and nice.

I would really appreciate that there could be a separate space for chatting and another space for the moves played since I lose a lot of chat when I am playing and chatting.

Have a good day,

Regards Xabier.
<<

ysoph

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Xabichess.

Yes, you're right, we can keep on 'tolerating' this kind of behavior. But is it the best what you can do ?
If you can distinguish between angry teenager and person that is really sulky jerk than you should at least from mine opinion punish that one which is absolutely out of society limits. Seems also developers of CC thinks this way - as they have implemented this functionality.

It would be great to give moderators rights to review chats and if they will consider it as needed - to allow them ban user for few days, hours, forever........ Dont you think so ?
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Good afternoon,

You are quite correct, what I say is what I do, since I do not really know if when you report someone about talking ill they record the text or you have to copy paste it. I think it is the latter one and thus seems to be much more difficult to get those kids/irrespetuous people banned/warned.

I really hope there could be some way to see the chat too. Although it does not seem viable right now.

I hope you do not get that kind of people here.

Regards Xabier.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages