FAQ

CCCC & CCIC Tournaments

<<

darkwizard1

Pawn

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Re: CCCC & CCIC Tournaments

The CCCC is going to be 4pm,5pm,6pm etc "local time per registered country?" So every country will have a different start on that day? if so... Canada has different time zones like most other countries so which time would you be using Sean? Thanks for the brilliant idea though!! :-d :-d :-d
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm

darkwizard1 wrote:The CCCC is going to be 4pm,5pm,6pm etc "local time per registered country?" So every country will have a different start on that day? if so... Canada has different time zones like most other countries so which time would you be using Sean? Thanks for the brilliant idea though!! :-d :-d :-d

Good point - we just assumed it would be East coast times - but did not state it. We have updated the rules accordingly.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

Nice idea, although I like the 1 min 960 it will be fun.

I am from Euskadi and my nation is placed in both nations France and Spain. In my profile although I am not from Gibraltar I have put that I am from there, do I have to put my nationality Spanish in this case to enter the tournament or French?

Even though I do not really like those flags.

Regards Xabier.
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 pm

xabichess wrote:I am from Euskadi and my nation is placed in both nations France and Spain. In my profile although I am not from Gibraltar I have put that I am from there, do I have to put my nationality Spanish in this case to enter the tournament or French?

The database has you as Spain, as per your registration IP address. Hopefully that is ok for you....
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 pm

bryan wrote:
xabichess wrote:I am from Euskadi and my nation is placed in both nations France and Spain. In my profile although I am not from Gibraltar I have put that I am from there, do I have to put my nationality Spanish in this case to enter the tournament or French?

The database has you as Spain, as per your registration IP address. Hopefully that is ok for you....

Then do I have to put the Spanish flag? I don't really like the colours but if there is no other option I will have to do it. ^_^;

I do not have anything against Spanish people though, apart from the politicians(I do not like politicians) everyone is really friendly ^^,.
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:35 pm

xabichess wrote:Then do I have to put the Spanish flag? I don't really like the colours but if there is no other option I will have to do it. ^_^;

The flag requirement is not a technical one - you are filtered per IP location technically - it is just so that other users during the tournament see that you are playing in the right country tournament :)

So you don't have to change your flag at all for now. You can wait until the day of the tournament and change it then, and then change it right back afterwards. We just did not want players in the tournament complaining that someone from Country X played in Country Y's tournament because of the flag they displayed!
<<

profedelmate

Pawn

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 am

:happy-cheerleaderkid: Thanks I will try to do my best :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Att, Leylie Colombia.
<<

grobsangriff2

Pawn

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:37 am

Why only for VIP players?
I played since beginning of the existence of this site, have experience level 21 (315.000 ) = more than 12.000 games.
Why can't I join?
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 am

grobsangriff2 wrote:Why only for VIP players?
I played since beginning of the existence of this site, have experience level 21 (315.000 ) = more than 12.000 games.
Why can't I join?

Because tournaments like these are one of the VIP benefits. They are the ones financing ChessCube so our efforts are directed towards their customer satisfaction. Just playing a lot of games does not actually pay ChessCube bills...
<<

rdodds

Pawn

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:19 am

Is there rating levels in the tournament? For example, 1500-1799 and 1800-2099 etc.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Competitions & Events