FAQ

Can not validate my account

<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 am

Re: Can not validate my account

Good evening,

Ok let's see, try this, if you have gmail address: go to the configuration, like this, I hope you have something like this. First go to you settings of gmail like this:
1 Image

Next step is to see that there is no filter active, if there is any disable it momentaneary.
2 Image

Last step should be to reget the message that has being sent to the email account, like this.
3 Image

I hope this helps you out. That is for gmail.

For hotmail it is alike, like this, when you first enter hotmail before doing anything like going to see your emails and so, to get to hotmail options.
1 Image

Once you enter options you need to click in the hotmail options.
2 Image

After that you need to see if there is any filter and if hotmail has blocked chesscube or that sort of things and see if there is some other things that may have blocked validating emails.
3 Image

4 Image

I hope you can get it done and validate your account.

Regards Xabier.
<<

morningfields

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:53 am

Hi!

Just checked everything you said, but still no e-mail validation.

I tried 2 different addresses that work fine and have no filters whatsoever.

This is the first and only time that I couldn't validate my e-mail address for any website.

I'm only having problems with chesscube.

Please help.

Thank you.

edit: I've found the e-mail and I have validated my e-mail address.

Thank you very much for your help.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

Good morning,

Well now I am out of ideas, I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you, I know it is an stupid question, I suppose you have tried resending the validation to your email again after doing what I have writen before.

Ok then, let's see if this can help, although I am not too sure it is something you are supposed to do and I do not really know its consecuencies too well. https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha try unlocking it although I am not too sure what this will do and if it is safe doing it or not. I am just out of ideas. That is just for gmail though. I hope you get your validating email soon.

Regards Xabier.

Edited; after reading the edition, sorry I started writing before the editing and did not see it. It is good to hear that it worked for you it is always a pleasure helping people have a nice stay at chesscube ^-^. I will let the the first part of my comment since maybe someone can get help from it although I do not advise it.

Edited; first I would try doing the steps in my previous comment.

Edited; have a nice day and stay at chesscube.
<<

arms

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm

xabichess wrote:Good evening everyone,

I would suggest you to try and see if it is being in the junk folder or if is gmail or hotmail email if it is being ignored since it is considered spam.

I would tell you to see if you can manually do a receive emails thing in there. Since it seems like with the google+ and so on there have been some changes.

Regards Xabier.

I appreciate the response.
<<

arms

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

xabichess wrote:Good morning,

Well now I am out of ideas, I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you, I know it is an stupid question, I suppose you have tried resending the validation to your email again after doing what I have writen before.

Ok then, let's see if this can help, although I am not too sure it is something you are supposed to do and I do not really know its consecuencies too well. https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha try unlocking it although I am not too sure what this will do and if it is safe doing it or not. I am just out of ideas. That is just for gmail though. I hope you get your validating email soon.

Regards Xabier.

Edited; after reading the edition, sorry I started writing before the editing and did not see it. It is good to hear that it worked for you it is always a pleasure helping people have a nice stay at chesscube ^-^. I will let the the first part of my comment since maybe someone can get help from it although I do not advise it.

Edited; first I would try doing the steps in my previous comment.

Edited; have a nice day and stay at chesscube.

I still cannot receive the validation email. Is there a way you can manually send it out or force it to send?
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Dear arms,

Have you tried what I wrote 2 messages before, doing this:
xabichess wrote:Good evening,

Ok let's see, try this, if you have gmail address: go to the configuration, like this, I hope you have something like this. First go to you settings of gmail like this:
1 Image

Next step is to see that there is no filter active, if there is any disable it momentaneary.
2 Image

Last step should be to reget the message that has being sent to the email account, like this.
3 Image

For hotmail it is alike, like this, when you first enter hotmail before doing anything like going to see your emails and so, to get to hotmail options.
1 Image

2 Image

After that you need to see if there is any filter and if hotmail has blocked chesscube or that sort of things and see if there is some other things that may have blocked validating emails.
3 Image

4 Image

Regards Xabier.

I hope that one helps

Regards Xabier.

PS: I am not site moderator or admin.
<<

arms

Pawn

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah, I tried both.
My mistake, I thought you were a site moderator. :)
I'm very happy that you're taking the time to help us out with this, however I do not think it is a problem on my end. If it is a problem on my end I'd like to mention that I use neither Gmail nor Hotmail; I use email.com. I've checked all filter options and black-lists. I've also shut my spam protection (which is nothing but a spam folder added to the inbox) completely off to see if the emails came through, but alas it did not work.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Dear arms,

I am sorry to tell you that I have never used or heard about email.com and I do not know how it works. If I were you I would try to use another gmail or hotmail account since chesscube does not usually spam a lot.

Regards Xabier.

PS: If you get it to work in email.com I would like you to share how you did it here for future times, thanks in advance and sorry for not being to be able to help you more.
<<

nitya01

Pawn

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 pm

hello,could u please validate my account quicker?Actually,I,m taking classes for chess and I am having so many problems! He had recomended me to play chess here.I am new and it is my second day itslf.I tried so many times,but no. :Please help here :pray:

With the most hopes,
Nitya.[color=#FF4080]
[/color]
<<

knightattack

Queen

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Nitya01,

try this, if you have gmail address: go to the configuration, like this, I hope you have something like this. First go to you settings of gmail like this:
1 Image

2 Image

3 Image

1 Image

2 Image

3 Image

4 Image

(Thanks xabichess really helpful post)

Regards

KnightAttack
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it..Learn to smile at every situation..See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability...Live Hard Live Your Dream
KnightAttack
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages