FAQ

Foul Language Filter

<<

x_magneto

Pawn

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Foul Language Filter

Hey, noticed today during a game when another user used some inappropriate language that presumable "tuck" beginning with an "f" is automatically removed from chat, but "maggot" starting with an "f" is not. Is there any reason for this? Shouldn't both be auto-removed? I personally find the 2nd much more offensive than the first.

Thanks.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Foul Language Filter

Good evening,

Well why is just in English, I suppose that you can always swear in any other language. Well, I think it is offensive in any way, but I do not really mind people swearing in English since English is my 3rd language and I do not really feel anything when they call me anything they want at English. But if you start that you want English bad language filter shouldn't there be another one with Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish at least?

Maybe there are some more people who will say that their language is talk a lot too, but I think that those four should be the ones more spoken in extension.

Regards Xabier.
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

xabi,u forgot about hindi :),,,and coming to point u always have a option to block the person and i dont think u can see his msgs again ;)
<<

x_magneto

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

It's really a moral argument. It's not about filtering vs. not filtering, but rather what is specifically filtered. If you're going to have a specific removal filter for one word, and not another, it sort of implicitly and unintentionally alludes to one word being more offensive than another. If we are talking about words, then we have to auto remove all "bad" words or none.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 am

Good evening,

If you block you can see what he writes you just will not play against him in seek options, if you ignore him you will not see what he types.

Regards Xabier.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages